Opening new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melk

Reaction score
So excited just registered business name Replenish Health & Beauty open doors Tuesday so much still to do. Hopefully get bookings on day one as it's been slow working from home. Made enough to pay bills but would like to make more and not stress each week on if I'll get bookings or not. So far I've got one booking in 2 weeks on books. Which will pay the rent for 2 weeks so a good booking. I work outside salon in another industry and rent out one of my houses in another state, which covers my rent otherwise I'd be really stressed. Oh it's also my birthday opening day thought it would be fun to share salons 1st birthday with my 40th next year also makes it easier to remember when I opened not big on remembering anniversary's. Anyone have any tips on how to manage walk ins when a treatment booking arrives. I have one big room no separate treatment room so will lock main door during treatments. Will mainly do massage after other shops close so whole complex is closed no walk ins then and quieter. I have a reception area which blocks view of table from door with product cupboards. Room is only 4.1 m by 4.6 m and has 2 walls of windows one to the outside of building so will advertise on internal windows with A1 posters to create privacy inside.

Im excited for you. Good luck xo

Thank you Jocie, Ive been trading for 2 years under my own name just doing massage recently added spray tans and facials, worked in salon for 3 years same time In a nearby town. it's very seasonal here but winter seems to be steady for me so far and summer in other salon I was so busy I didn't get a break all day. Hopeing this salon will be as busy during summer then It can carry itself through winter if needed. Only thing I don't have is waxing yet as can't afford the kit @ $ 300. I have done everything on a shoestring budget bought old art deco cupboards and painted them hot pink with grey shelving. And got a bar free which I painted off white for reception desk. All up my furniture cost me $200 already have massage table / towels and all the pretty stuff as I was renting a furnished room last year. Just need bookings now I always stress each week if I have no forward bookings but it always turns out fine. usually I can get a new client to book for 6 weeks in a row as that's how my treatment works, however they then don't need to come back for 6 mnts. Small island of about 5000 people total. busy season 100,000 tourists most of which dock near my salon.

All set up today, gf helped me so much painting furniture then moving it all down one trip for each piece lol. Took us all day but looks amazing. And to top it off went to invite another business owner down tues and she is booked in now for tommorow morning for a massage. Will be my first customer in new room. We have known each other for along time I used to work with her hubby so will give feedback if not quiet enough etc. Gf who helped is going to have lifetime of treatments without her I wouldn't be ready.

Last edited:
Had first client in this morning a day early. Meeting loads of new people a few prospective clients in last 2 days while I was setting up. Looks like it was a good decision to move. Some asked me how long I'd been here, 3 years almost 4 I've been home.

Latest posts

Back