Opening Salon from home in Tower Hamlets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davinaj3000

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a therapist with over 10 years experience and I am looking to opening a treatment room in my loft conversion within my house.

I live in Tower Hamlets, London and I am led to believe that you need to gain a licence from the council before opening. Has anybody been down this route and can offer me advice? To be honest any working from home advice would be excellent.

Thank you!

Davina

Hiya, Contacting your local council should always be one of the first things to do before opening any salon.

Just phone them and explain your plans and intentions and they will advise you about loads of things like planning permission, health and safety, licences, business rates, etc etc.

FWIW, I would be a little worried about the health and safety issues with using a loft conversion as a treatment room. Hopefully, you have already had permission?

Thank you for your advice. I have now contacted the council and I am waiting to hear back from them regarding planning etc...:)

Latest posts

Back