Operation Christmas Child

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
Christmas isn't really that far away now & some of you may have already finished your gift buying :eek: . Some of you like me may be having a clear out to make way for Santa's new gifts due to arrive around December 25th or there abouts ( Boxing Day at Grannys, Uncle XXX who buys in Boxing Day sale & wraps it in time for your visit ;) ).

Whilst the stuff you are getting rid of is surplus to your requirments but still in great nic would you PLEASE consider putting them aside for Operation Christmas Child. Those of you with little ones will perhaps heard of this cause through the schools but for those not in the know let me explain.

Take a shoe box & seperately wrap the lid & box in christmas paper
Find toys, nic nacs, sweets ( not the Geek variety ) & pop them inside
Put a label on the lid stating the sex & age range that your parcel is suitable for eg; BOY 5-7 YEARS
A Christams Card from yourself
Now here's the hard bit
Pop inside a check for £2 which covers the cost of handling & transport fees.

When you've done all this take it along to your local school if they are participating or a Samaritan's drop off centre. I know some will think it's alot to ask, can't be bothered but when you take your parcel to the drop off point & see the many other boxes before you, you will feel warm, generous, humble & pleased as punch with your efforts.

Teenagers tend to get the least amount of boxes so if you want to do one for them you might have to look at YOUR nic nacs or your hubbys.

Things to include ...toys, sweets, picture books ( language of recieving children unknown ) paper, pens, crayons, hats, gloves, socks, toothbrush/paste, deodorant, make-up.... etc etc.

NO GUNS OR WAR/RELIGIOUS RELATED ITEMS.

Thanks for reading this rather long thread & here's to hoping you are able to help in some small way.

Sonia. :hug:

This is great I have done this before for another company I used to work for. Is there a web site or anything so I find out if if they are accepting parcels in my area. Where do the parcels go to?

CHeers Jenny :D

I am SO glad you've posted this!
I've been thinking for years 'whatever happened to those schemes where you could send a shoe box of things to refugee/underprivilaged etc children'.
We have been hoarding things in our house for ages and never had the heart to throw them away in the hope that we could help some children out. Now I can finally do it!
I hope we can make some children happy this Christmas. Thanks Sonia.

Hi Ya, its great youve posted this i do one every year and my work colleagues will be doing them too its really great to see everyone helping x

Hi Ya guys just to add there is a list on the site of what you can and can not send the donts are:

Edible items, war related items, clothing other than listed in the can section, glas containers, mirros, liquids of any type including shampoos, bubble bath, toiletry sets or aerosols, toys dependant on bateries, sharp objects, medicines, books with words.

Can send:

cuddly toys, toothbrush, toothpaste, notepad, colouring book, pencils and pens, crayons, hats, gloves, scarfs, small ball, puzzles, planes, cars, jewellery (clip on earrings), make up, hair accessories, greeting card, photo of yourself, sweets that are well within their seel by date.

Anyway just thought i would add this hth x x x x

Latest posts

Back