OPI Gelcolor base coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
I love opi gelcolor and love how easy it is to remove but I am getting fed up with how many bottles of base coat I'm going through, and a new bottle is not cheap!

I barely get to less than a quarter down the bottle and it's really dried up, I know because it's a hybrid it will dry out quicker. What does anyone else do? This was one of the reasons I changed from shellac.

I spoke to lena white and they are trailing adding the lacquer thinner drops, has anyone tried this?

I pour a small amount of new basecoat (enough to last around a week) into an empty bottle and use that. I manage to use it all up that way.

I've always done this because I hate full bottles of top or base coats with all systems because I don't like the wand to be loaded. Thinking about it, the way we used to thin ordinary top and base coats was to add a bit from a new bottle.

I pour a small amount of new basecoat (enough to last around a week) into an empty bottle and use that. I manage to use it all up that way.

I've always done this because I hate full bottles of top or base coats with all systems because I don't like the wand to be loaded. Thinking about it, the way we used to thin ordinary top and base coats was to add a bit from a new bottle.

Thank you, great idea! I never even thought about doing this. So do you think I should discard the base coat from one of the bottles (as it's too thick to use) and clean it with alcohol, then pour a small amount of base coat in from a new bottle. Or did you use a different bottle?

I just poured out a virtually empty (but thick) bottle, cleaned the top and used it. I use the same bottle all the time now.

Thanks very much :)

Great tip as I am getting fed up of this too! They told me to pull the brush from the lid and wipe/clean all round with NAS99 to clean each time which isn't practical... I dread when I can't hear the ball baring when I shake it ;)

Great tip as I am getting fed up of this too! They told me to pull the brush from the lid and wipe/clean all round with NAS99 to clean each time which isn't practical... I dread when I can't hear the ball baring when I shake it ;)

:) Yes, there's nothing like the joy of that noise of the ball baring in a new bottle! Lol

Latest posts

Back