OPI GelColor not fully curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocomoto0

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been doing my nails using different gel nail polishes for couple years
now.
I got some opi gel colors last week but when I tried to cure it using my LED lamp which is 24W it didnt fully cure opi gel Color.
I have tried up to 2 mins and it was still quite soft. I would say half cured half sticky.
Does opi gel Color need both led and uv dual lamp?
Or is my lamp not strong enough?
Usually other cheap gel nail polishes would cure around 30sec..
So not sure what the problem is

I really like opi polishes and would really appreciate your help

Thanks in advance

I would strongly recommend you read the pinned post at the top of this Nail forum titled "UV Lamps explained - why any old lamp just won't do"
That will explain why it is so important to use the correct lamp for every brand you use. There is no such thing as a universal lamp (despite what some sellers will try to tell you)

Over Exposure to this "sticky" undercured gel could easily cause you to become allergic to one or more ingredients in the product.

If the brands you use don't have a specific recommended lamp then I wouldn't use them at all. (You mentioned using cheap brands).

OP, are you a qualified Nail Tech with training in gel polish?

Hi there,

I have been doing my nails using different gel nail polishes for couple years
now.
I got some opi gel colors last week but when I tried to cure it using my LED lamp which is 24W it didnt fully cure opi gel Color.
I have tried up to 2 mins and it was still quite soft. I would say half cured half sticky.
Does opi gel Color need both led and uv dual lamp?
Or is my lamp not strong enough?
Usually other cheap gel nail polishes would cure around 30sec..
So not sure what the problem is

I really like opi polishes and would really appreciate your help

Thanks in advance
I also use OPI gelcolor along with shellac. Over the past years I've used the OPI LED lamp and now have the CND LED lamp. Both have worked wonderfully for the OPI gelcolor.
I find with OPI gelcolor, it needs to be shaken up VERY well before use. Also for dark pigmented colours I apply thinner layers as it (at times) has difficulty curing.

Latest posts

Back