OPI lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsay G

Reaction score
I want to change my gel polishes to the opi range but the lamps are so expensive. Does anyone know if it is necessary to purchase the lamp to go with these polishes.

I am on my 3rd opi lamp in a year and a half -__- one basically caught on fire from a bulb burning out it was literally 6 months old and my second ones cord got frayed and shorted out. I used to love opi so much but lately their prices are going up and quality is going down. I have purchased colors that won’t cure (using the entire system) and colors that haven’t been properly mixed so it looks like there’s sand in it when I apply it.

Generally speaking, yes you need to lamp with the brand. However, OPI, the second best brand, cannot even make their lamps to cure correctly. They have been re-enginnering their lamp. It should actually be done by now but I haven't look into it. Its been almost a year now.

So what the heck has been going on all this time with gels? Well, everyone is pretty much curing their gels to 50%, to which gels become hard. But gels need to be 90% cured so that it doesn't cause allergies, among other things like strength.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back