OPI vs Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelizabeth

Reaction score
Since I did my beauty training I always used OPI for nail polish and got on with it fine. However when I did my CND Shellac training I started buying vinylux so that I could get matching colours and also stick to one brand for everything.

I've been using vinylux for clients and it seems fine and they're happy with it, but just this week I used one of my OPI colours on myself and kind of prefer it! The finish is so much glossier and super smooth, whereas I feel like vinylux shows up every ridge even with the new basecoat. It's supposed to last longer but doesn't on me for some reason? OPI lasts longer on my hands, my vinylux seems to come off so much easier. I find it hard to apply and even a brand new bottle of rubble is all separated and has loads of clumps and bits in it. I've shaken, stirred it etc and then it's fine for a minute but then goes clumpy again.

Any tips for the Vinylux? I really want to like it because I want to keep with CND and love the fast drying time but at the moment I feel like just buying OPI polishes again.

I'd email SweetSquared, no way should polish do that. If you prefer OPI then use that, it sounds like the vinylux is letting you down.

Yes think I will as it was a brand new bottle. I might have to! Just wish it dried as quickly

What about opi infinite shine? Longer lasting like vinylux.
I think OPI have the best brush so that makes a difference.

What about opi infinite shine? Longer lasting like vinylux.
I think OPI have the best brush so that makes a difference.

I actually haven't tried infinite shine, does it still apply like the normal polishes? Yes I agree about the brush it's so easy to use

Well since Vinylux is being sold in drugstores now I say there is really no difference as far as professional image goes. I do prefer the drying time and long wearing of Vinylux. It is a different kind of polish and moves different but once you get used to it you can get it smooth and not show ridges... I use it without base as it is made to be applied and use CND AIRDRY topcoat. The UV top coat that goes with it is shit. My clients are very happy with it and as mad as I am with CND I am pressed to find a good replacement.

Well since Vinylux is being sold in drugstores now I say there is really no difference as far as professional image goes. I do prefer the drying time and long wearing of Vinylux. It is a different kind of polish and moves different but once you get used to it you can get it smooth and not show ridges... I use it without base as it is made to be applied and use CND AIRDRY topcoat. The UV top coat that goes with it is shit. My clients are very happy with it and as mad as I am with CND I am pressed to find a good replacement.
It also makes for a great stamping polish- damn it CND- I can't quit you

I'm in the UK and as far as I know vinylux isn't being sold in drugstores over here. How should I be applying it to get the most out of it? Drying time is the only plus as I'm finding OPI to last longer...but I didn't know you could use the different top coats so I may try that!

CND really need to up their game in terms of colours though...especially Shellac

Latest posts

Back