Opi with UV top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
I was at a school fundraiser tonight doing eyebrow waxing and the therapist next to me was doing file and polish, when the client she had done moved onto me she said that the girl had put opi polish on her nails and then some kind of uv top coat. Has anyone heard of this I'm quite interested to find out if this works and what uv to coat I could do this with.

Was she curing the nail or just applying a top coat and allowing it to dry?

You can apply a top coat over polish which can then be cured under a UV lamp in about 30 seconds to a minute. It is not a gel but a lacquer/polish which is UV sensitive.

Polish takes a good hour to dry properly and the application of a UV topcoat allows for it to be gently touch dry almost immediately. You still need to advise your client to give time for the overall manicure to dry properly, but it means that any minor bumps or knocks do not ruin the polish under the UV top coat. For example, I would not advise a client to wear enclosed shoes straight after a pedicure as the UV top coat would just slide off the undried polish underneath. However, a minor knock on a toe may prevent any damage to the pedicure due to the protection of the UV polish.

Thanks for that I shall to go looking for a uv topcoat now So I can try this, I've only ever noticed gel uv top coats, anyone know who does them?

Latest posts

Back