Opinions, freckles, melasma or sunspots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nurse2dermelle

Reaction score
Hi, opinions please, I'm fairly new to the beauty industry and still working on identifying some of the hyperpigmentation skin conditions (I'm from a nursing background, and we did not deal with pigmentation at all ) currently trying to figure out my own pigment issues!

Client in photos is me. 27, 2 pregnancies (last baby born 18 months ago), very freckley. I have patches between/underneath freckles that are light brown, quite spread out, but not super obvious because of the freckles. No history of tanning beds, skin burns easily. Thoughts? I'm thinking possibly melasma, as I believe I am too young for sunspots, just want to check with someone with more experience and confirm whether I'm right or wrong! Maybe I just have rubbish blotchy skin Thanks.

(Picture taken from when I did my peel training, it wont upload the others I've taken as they are too big. I didn't realise my skin was so patchy until I saw this photo, otherwise I would've asked the trainer what she thought) Screenshot_20190529-132651_Gallery.jpg

Obviously none of us a qualified to diagnose but looking at your photo, it doesn't look like a grey / brown patch as melasma does in example photos on line.
If I had a client arrive with this skin, I would judge them as having lots of freckles and a pale skin behind. I would use skin care products suitable for a sensitive skin - Class 1 or 2 on the Fitzpatrick scale:

The-Fitzpatrick-skin-phototype-classification-19-22.png

That makes me feel better! I've never really seen melasma, just heard of it, and because it's my own skin I've been looking at its probably becoming more obvious than it actually is! Thanks!

I'm no expert but looks like freckles to me too, slight sun damage too maybe

Latest posts

Back