Opinions on enhancement systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alchemist

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum, well I've lurked for a while there's so much info in all the posts I can read for hours at a time!But finally made an account recently to join in a bit.

Wondered if I could get some opinions, I know I have to make up my own mind but hearing others might help. I'm currently studying my nvq2 nail services and I'm getting to choose which system I want to work with. I'm swayed towards gel. My main reason is that removing hard gels is a bit intimidating to me and I'd rather confront it up front instead of having that looming in the future. Another is the smell of the monomer, as I'll be doing most of my case studies at home or mobile ventilation is limited.

I definitely want to learn more than one system but at the moment need to decide what to concentrate on. Basically I'm struggling because I want to know everything right now! Hehe and having to choose is bugging me. I have searched the forums and see that a lot of people say that l&p is harder to master and so to do it first but seeing the demos of both systems today the gels looked much more difficult to me. Maybe it's because I've seen l&p being done so often (when I get mine done and drooling over youtube).

One more thing all the pros and cons of design and art with the systems are not really relevant are they? As I will only be learning basic overlaying with one colour. So all that lovely 3D artwork, sculpting and encapsulating shouldn't affect my decision at this moment in time?

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading :)

Latest posts

Back