Opinions please, what could have caused this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani1987

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just wondering if you can help with this. I have been waxing for 8 years and this has never happened to me before.
I waxed her lip and chin, I did this treatment on Thursday and she messaged me on Friday saying it was hurting and starting to scab and had been hurting right away but she hadn't wanted to say.
She's not on any medication I did a treatment on her 4 weeks ago and the redness went away after a few hours.
I used the same products and the same wax so I am quite baffled as to what could have caused such a reaction...
Only thing I can think of is the sanitiser on my hands... but I only touched her face with cotton wool not my hands at all
The wax was preheated before I arrived and was just warm not hot at all.
I've emptied the pot and scrubbed it incase something had got in there and am going to patch test her on her next treatment. She has hopi ear candles as well

TIA xx

Attachments

• IMG-20140912-00325.jpg
    IMG-20140912-00325.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 351
Could be a number of things, the things that spring to mind are:
possible friction burn?
Was the wax the right temp?
Did she follow your aftercare correctly?
Did she have any UV exposure after the treatment?

I would imagine it will calm down quite quickly, for a home soothing remedy she may already have, she could try after sun? Hope it all goes ok x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

This can be just one of those things. I used to get it if I waxed after a shower in the morning. I don't mean right after, more like 2 hours after. I now get it because I'm on high levels of vitamin A in my skin care so can't have my brows waxed at all.

Sometimes it can be from a little moisture on the skin but very rarely is it because the wax is too hot. We usually test the wax anyway but the client really would notice if it was burning them.

And sometimes it can just be one of those things!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies.
She was very warm do you think it could have been a reaction to her sweating?
The wax was cooling down I didn't plug it in when I got there as it was at a good temp for working.
She had stayed in and put nothing on her skin at all which is what she usually does. She felt it hurting immediately so I don't think sun exposure can be the cause...
How would I have caused a friction burn?
Can't believe after so many years experience this has happened :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies.
She was very warm do you think it could have been a reaction to her sweating?
The wax was cooling down I didn't plug it in when I got there as it was at a good temp for working.
She had stayed in and put nothing on her skin at all which is what she usually does. She felt it hurting immediately so I don't think sun exposure can be the cause...
How would I have caused a friction burn?
Can't believe after so many years experience this has happened :(

Like squidger says it may just be one of those things, redness is a very common contra-action of waxing, but the soreness is still a little unexplained considering she has never had this reaction before. When you wax & rub the strip too much this is how you cause a friction burn. X

It's happened to me, only once in all my years of working, but don't let it stress you, I find these things give you a little "shake awake!" Keeps you on the top of your game! Chin up x

It simply could be because she was very warm just like me after a shower. I have had similar recently doing a bikini wax. The client rushed home from work, jumped in the shower and legged it to me. The skin is then hot and moist and prone to this kind of thing.

V x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry if I'm repeating, not read all the replies.

I see you mentioned that she was quite warm. If you used strip wax, unless you really dry the skin, you'll find that the wax can become tacky and it tugs the skin.

It could be a number of things, not forgetting that you don't know what she did to it or applied to it when she got home.

She said she didn't put anything on it at all just let it cool... I think it may be as she was sweating it did tug a bit then I probably rubbed a bit the next time to ensure it didn't tug...causing a friction burn... can't believe it, nothing like that's has ever happened before
Thanks for your replies x

Latest posts

Back