Oppurtunity to rent space @ hairdresser. Leave my full time job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have an opportunity to rent a nail station at a hairdresser, fairly busy. The rent is very cheap. Problem is, i'm a full time manager at an optics with a good salary.

Should i take the risk? (i only do nails, but want to to courses in various other treatments)...

XXX

I am in a similar position to yours, I work 4 days a week as a manager in my current job, I am a also a mobile nail tech but find it hard to juggle the 2, I would love to ditch my job and rent a room fulltime but cannot afford to leave my job and take the risk.
If you can afford to financially then I would say go for it but if not then can you not even go down a few days in your current job and rent a room maybe a few days a week to start with???

Good Luck in whatever you decide.......:)

I think you gotta be in it to win it. Part time nails will not generate enough to feel as though you can give up the day job. Full time will.

LauG, my boss will NEVER give me less days at work. It will be all or nothing :-(
Financially, i can't afford to leave my job & go into this & NOT match my current income by atleast 60%. I have a mortgage, car, kid, life insurance & all the basics to pay.

I so want to do this, Nails is my passion. I hate my current job! It's so boring & not fullfilling at all. I dread waking up in the morning.

Yet, i do not have a client base yet to make an income at the salon, but then again, i feel that if i don't take the risk i won't know. Maybe i can build up a client base at the salon? Don't know.

Me & my Fiance currently have a clothing store, but because our hearts are not into it (& it was a huge risk we took), it's failing. Not too sad about it though (but we did take a big financial knock)...

XXX

Latest posts

Back