Ordinary towels or disposable towels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Dolly

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have been using disposable towels for my mobile beauty treatments, but I am hoping to start working from a home salon in the next couple of months and I am unsure whether to carry on using them. I wondered what your opinions would be on ordinary towels vs. disposable towels? From the clients perspective, I want them to have a luxury experience and I'm just not sure if disposable towels give that impression. However, they do have plus points with a new towel for every client as well as being able to calculate them into cost per service. Argh, I'm confused. Sorry to chat on, but what do you guys think?

Thank you. xXx

I have never looked at the cost of disposables, so can't compare, but I have just replaced all my towels. They are beautifully fluffy and look gorgeous all folded neatly. I guess I'm a creature of habit, and am very happy with good quality fluffy towels!

Vicki x

Thank you for your reply Vicki. That's what I've been thinking, fluffy towels will look the part all folded up for the client to see and they feel lovely. I'm not sure disposable ones will be quite the same, although they are convenient. I think it was fine when mobile, but just in two minds for my home salon.xXx

It would bother me about the environment too, plus I think towels feel and look nicer. I know you have the cost of washing but I'd imagine that this is cheaper than disposables?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for your reply facelashbrow. I think as far as the cost goes with disposables, I think they do work out cost effective and they're also usually biodegradable/recyclable which does appeal. I suppose I was just wondering if clients will prefer ordinary towels as they feel more luxurious.

I'm a nail geek so this isn't a professional opinion, more from a client perspective. I LOVE fluffy towels and it wouldn't be the same with disposables, they're just not very luxurious. x

White fluffy towels for me!

How do you all keep your towels fluffy when washing?

Laura xx

Thank you blossom and tonicj, I really appreciate both of your thoughts. From the replies so far, I think fluffy towels are coming out favourite! Thank you.x

How do you all keep your towels fluffy when washing?

Laura xx

Good point Laura, I'd like to know this as well because the towels I use in my bathroom at home aren't the fluffiest, even with conditioner and tumble dryer.

Good point Laura, I'd like to know this as well because the towels I use in my bathroom at home aren't the fluffiest, even with conditioner and tumble dryer.

I don't have a tumble dryer :( I'm always trying to get my towels fluffy. I've got some gorgeous ones that are huge but they've gone all stiff. It's all information I want to gather for when I start up alone.

Laura xx

I don't have a tumble dryer :( I'm always trying to get my towels fluffy. I've got some gorgeous ones that are huge but they've gone all stiff. It's all information I want to gather for when I start up alone.

Laura xx

They sound like the ones in my bathroom and that's with a tumble dryer! Maybe it's because I've had them quite a while or put too much washing powder in the machine, I'm terrible for that!

Washing towels after every client is expensive and I would hate to have a towel that has been used on another client. I use easydry disposable towels for my manicures, pedicures and waxing. It works out far more cost effective, you have to factor in time also to wash and dry them.

Fabric conditioner stops them being fluffy apparently x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Washing towels after every client is expensive and I would hate to have a towel that has been used on another client. I use easydry disposable towels for my manicures, pedicures and waxing. It works out far more cost effective, you have to factor in time also to wash and dry them.

Thank you for replying MaisyMouse. Do you work from a salon, home or mobile? What do your clients say about the disposable towels? Thanks.x

I use theses ball things that go in the tumble dryer which helps to fluff up my towels.

Jemima :)

Thank you for replying MaisyMouse. Do you work from a salon, home or mobile? What do your clients say about the disposable towels? Thanks.x

I have a salon, clients are very happy at my levels of hygiene and more than happy to have their own towel that's not reused. I have been to salons where they cover you with a towel and then it's used on every other client after that, not hygienic, particularly with waxing. And there is no need for a fluffy towel for a pedicure

I use a mixture of disposable and fluffy. When it doesn't compromise client comfort out come the disposables e.g. to remove products during spa mani / pedi, round face hole of table for massage etc. I use fluffy where I think they're needed e.g. over client during massage.

So rather than either why not use both and then you have the best of both worlds? 😃

Latest posts

Back