Orly GelFX - feedback please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy.trudylee

Reaction score
Hi, please can I have peoples feedback on orly gel FX. Is it good? is it worth the price as I see the bottles are quite small? is there a need to do any additional training (if there is such a thing for orly). what lamp is best (I have The Edge UV)? how easy is it to remove?
sorry so many questions but thanks!

Can anyone help with this please? Thanks

I've not used Orly but have started using ibd just gel and they're both distributed through Grafton International who also do the training. You don't have to do the training but I like to do it so I know i'm doing it properly & its only half a day.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, please can I have peoples feedback on orly gel FX. Is it good? is it worth the price as I see the bottles are quite small? is there a need to do any additional training (if there is such a thing for orly). what lamp is best (I have The Edge UV)? how easy is it to remove?
sorry so many questions but thanks!

I dislike Orly Gel FX with a passion. You have to use a primer and dry brush the base coat. Darker colours shrink, I don't just mean a little, I mean you paint the first coat, flash cure it and it looks like my 2 year old niece has painted it. Dark colours need 3 coats to be true. Removal is a pain, it never come off cleanly, even Grafton recommend that you "scrape".

Bear in mind this is just my opinion. Personally I prefer Shellac and Gelish, application is much more straightforward and removal is easy peasy compared to Orly.

You can do the Orly Gel FX training but i'm not sure how much it is. You would be able to use your Edge UV lamp but obviously extend your cure times.

Personally, I think there are far superior brands out there.

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you have been honest as it is an expensive product. The proof in the pudding is also the fact that hardly anyone has given any feedback on this! thank you once again, youve just saved me loads of money

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you have been honest as it is an expensive product. The proof in the pudding is also the fact that hardly anyone has given any feedback on this! thank you once again, youve just saved me loads of money

You're very welcome. Look at Gelish or Artistic Colour Gloss if you'd prefer a gel polish rather than Shellac. I very much enjoy working with Shellac and Gelish.

I used to stock Orly gel fx but didn't get on with it found it shrank a lot and didn't last that well, I do know some girls on here and therapists I know love it so it's a case of trying it out.

I'm a shellac and gelish girl! I stopped Orly and took on gelish and haven't looked back! I now have clients who go between both systems depending in the colour they want.

I have found Orly difficult to remove. They do have some excellent colors however, so I just use the Orly Colours with my Gelish base and top.

Latest posts

Back