Over from skin - help with changing my hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
For 4.5 years I've been going to my hairdresser who is lovely, and I love how she does my hair.

How ever I am finding the cost a bit much. She charges me £55 for a full head of colour (2 different colours) with a cut and blowdry. Or if my hair goes below my shoulders it goes to £65. I go every 7-9 weeks. I'm not saying she's not worth it, and I want it cheaper, just that struggling to find it when the time comes.

But I've had it short to keep the £10 off, but I want to grow it down and also go back to my natural colour.

How easy/hard is it to go back to my natural hair colour from having a full head of highlights, and do you think she'd be put out if i asked?

She's a texter so I could text her and say I wanted to go back to my natural colour and how would we do it, but I'm worried she will be put out be cause I'm not wanting to spend all that money.

Im due baby no 4 in nov and have 2 appts before then. I wish I had decided to do it when I found out I was pregnant, I would have had more time, as I'd like easy to maintain hair with no need to go so often, maybe every 10 weeks for a cut.

Below is my hair now (just shoved up for a training course) naturally it's a lightish brown. Like in the second picture.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408983884.778613.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408984212.415403.jpg

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Be honest with her if you get on well, say that with baby number 4!! On its way you want easier to maintain hair so wish to return to your natural colour, she should advise you how she'll go about this, then say you'd like to try cutting every 10 weeks as you're growing it. Can't see it will be a problem, if it is, that would say something about her. :)

Wow 65 that is sooooo cheap. Hairdressers see this all the time sometimes hair isnt on the list of priorities so just tell her you cant afford it

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

That is about $118 in CND dollars. Quite affordable as I pay about $136 for similar
But if you can't afford (I know as I have 3 kids) just be honest with her

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

What if a client said to you I can't afford my lash maintence or I can't afford my facials?

I would completely understand. Even for those clients who can afford it people are opting for a lower maintenance look. You might find the next couple of appointments will be a bit more costly but in the long run you should save.

Latest posts

Back