Overexposure, please take it seriously

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take zyrtec. it's over the counter here. I have to wear nitrile gloves if i use an odorless product. also in addition to regular ventilation, i keep a small fan on my desk, and turn it on during filing, and face it away during product application, but it does speed up your setting time, if you don't turn it away. i'm not allergic to all of the products, only the odorless ones so far. so there is hope for those of you who think you can't do your own anymore. just try one finger with a different brand.:hug:

Hi All

I feel I need to add a couple of things...

Firstly and most importantly antihistamines (including creams) are only a band-aid solution, they will not cure an allergy - nor should they be taken for extended periods!!!
The only thing that is safe to recomend is changing your habits to limit your exposure...
Nitrile gloves, full length sleeves, even closed toe shoes... (sounds silly but dust landing on your toes and resting there is overexposure..)

Ongoing medicating so that you can continue is not ideal, and I know for the really bad may be nessecary, but CONSULT your doctor, as the anti histamines may cause issues of their own one day...

For those of you recovering who have painfull and cracked skin, try Cucumber heal therapy from CND - It is a great barrier type moisturiser and will really soothe the area (FYI - It's Doug Schoons fav hand cream)

And for EVERYONE reading this thread, if you haven't got it BUY Doug Schoons book - Nail Structure & product chemistry 2nd Edition - It could be a career saving decision!

Just found this thread after searching for allergies.
I thought I would add the pictures of how bad my hands and nails got. I am very allergic to l&p and can only use shellac and brisa now.
I too, was one of the people who did an intensive short course to start and not once was over exposure mentioned. I then went on to train with nail harmony and they never mentioned it either?!

Be warned, it can easily happen to anyone without the right training. It has taken about 18 months to get my nails back to normal, but they are still not the same as before :(

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375694041.985202.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375694055.118339.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375694071.168390.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375694110.251180.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375694119.801715.jpg

Latest posts

Back