Painful peelies at side of Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollBird

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Occasionaly I have real troubles with the little parts of skin that peel back at the side of my nails. I have been applying a hand creme daily but wondered if any geeks had any tips to reducing them and stopping them.
I'm sure there is a correct term for these, I call them peelies :lol:
It's tempting to try and pull them or cut them off but they sting!

I get those too DollBird and boy do they hurt! I get them in Winter when it's cold.

I found that when I use Solar Oil every day they're not a problem as the cuticles and nails are moisturised. If I forget to use the Solar Oil for a few days they come back so it definitely works! Highly recommended!

In the meantime, I find that if I "nip" the skin with a good pair of nail cutters it takes the pain away. Cut the loose skin - do not cut live skin - as close to the bottom as possible.

HTH :)

I have been using cream but I think I may invest in some Solar Oil, I also get them particularly bad in the colder months, thanks for the advice x

PS: Make sure your handcream doesn't have a petroleum product in the ingredients - this is something I learnt from the Geeks and it's totally true - these handcreams don't actually provide moisture - I found my handcreams had this and stopped using them. I found the Solar Oil & a different handcream made a HUGE difference.

No probs :) glad to help someone else who knows what it's like. OUCH!

Latest posts

Back