Part time beauty therapy course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case anyone's confused, I've merged both of the threads as they were duplicated :hug:

Hi there,
Im in the final weeks of my NVQ lvl 2 Beauty Therapy course (2 nights a week part time) so its one assessment after the other! I work full time too and i think my course was around £600, but came to nearly £1000 with the kit and tunic. There's no way i could have afforded that so paid for mine in 5 monthly instalments which was a lot less painfull!
I dont know what other peoples opinions of the kit on this course are but if i was to to do things over and know what i know now i wouldn't have bought the kit but gone out and got my own stuff!
Our college supply all the basic manicure/pedicure/facial and waxing equipment for us to use so i should have decided which sections i liked the best as i went through them and then hunted around for the cheapest or nicest products. Plus i think the kits they suggest we buy aren't of the best quality so i have been re-buying most of it as i have been going along but better quality stuff and things i will use the most.
Another thing i will say is don't give up on your dream...this is a total career change for me and its the best thing i've ever done! :)
Good luck with everything!

thanks for merging the topics, lots of good advice here thanks your all so nice! :) wizbit that is a good idea of paying installments i must admit this didnt cross my mind as for some reason i thought id have to pay upfront. good tips about the kit too and finding what your most intrested in etc :hug: oh and congatulations on nearing the end of your course!

shinging star, i was under the impression that i could only start at level 2 nvq, and i may have it wrong be new to all this and not having been for a discussion with the college yet but i thought the electrical stuff was jn the level 3? and this also involves massage too? maybe there are different courses or modules within the course you can take? i think if funds and time allowed and i enjoy the level 2 (assuming i get on!) then i would like to move onto level 3 in the future-with the massage element and the other stuff on the course could be good to have too, its always there if i did decide to go into those areas, could even maybe link with my nursing-botox etc but thats thinking way out there! either that or with the complimentary therapy thing maybe-not entirly sure yet, may just keep it as a on the side thing, these are all possibilities!

at the moment i would just like to do the level 2 and then go from there as at the moment i would just like it as a hobbie/part time side career (blimey that spelling just totally gone out of my head!? you know what i mean!) but for the future who knows! :)

Last edited:
I thought that as well but VTCT do a level 3 beauty therapy (massage) course that means u can go straight in if u have certain other qualifications (I know this girl had an a level in p.e. whick included a&p) For the VTCT level 3 beauty therapy (general) course u have to have level 2, no idea why its so different for massage and electrics lol i didn't find that level 2 helped a lot really they just taught different treatments!!
Saying that the theory work was a lot more demanding in level 3 so i think level 2 helped 'ease u into it' so to speak!!

Hope ur getting on well :D

Kim xx

Latest posts

Back