Part-time worker commission

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephanie_87

Reaction score
Help! Im so confused. If I take on someone part time and I want to do a comission structure of 10% upto a certain threshold and then 20% thereafter how do I work out the threshold for a part time worker. If it was full time I would do it at £800, does it have to be half that for part time workers? I've got myself so confused :(

How many hours is full time? How many hours is your part timer working?

Part time is 23 hours and full time is 40 hours

You can just pro rate it. Eg:

Full time member of staff doing 40 hours needs £800 for target, so:
PT member of staff doing 20 hours needs £400 for target.

If you tell me how many hours the full and part time staff are doing I will work it out for you. Hope that helps....

j

it is £460 for the part timer....

An easy way to work it out in future is this: if 40 hours is £800, then the staff member has to make £20 for each hour they work to make target, so the target will always be amount of hours x £20.

J

Thank You so much. That has cleared that up for me. I'm usually pretty good at getting my head round these things but that just completely stumped me. Thank You :)

Throw a spanner in the works do you take into consideration if the part time staff work late nights and weekends?

If not do you reduce the target?

would this part time worker be classed as empolyeed or self employed???? if she is on comission, do you still pay her a regular wage??? im in the same situation, was going to run a straight comission based contract but wasnt sure she'd still be classed as employed???

Latest posts

Back