Partnership problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBHD

Reaction score
has any1 had salon partnership problems? i need help

No, but I have assisted others in dealing with them. What sort of problem have you got?

the goal posts keep changing and i dont know where i stand anymore. she isnt a hairdresser but paid for the salon fittings. i wrk in the salon and cover al the overheads. i take a minimum wage for living expenses. shes now saying the business is hers

Did you have a contract? Whose name is on the lease? Did you put any money in? Did you do a partnership agreement?

theres no written contracts. the lease for the property is in my name all bills and so on r in mine or the business name. i didnt put any money into the salon but in the only 1 running the business

So she paid for fit out in a shop she has no legal rights to, for a person she is not officially in business with? My guess is that she has realised what a daft thing she has done.

she says shes paying all the bills! but the bills r obviously paid for from the salons takings which i wrk 50 hours a week to cover. since her initial 'investment' she hasnt had to pay anything as the salon has covered its overheads

she wanted 50\50 partnership but she isnt a hairdresser so ill b bringing all the money in. weve been traiding for 6 months so any profit wud b pennies. i dont know what to do

You need to see a solicitor with copies of any paperwork you have.

I don't really understand why either of you did this, you gave away half your profit, and she fitted out a shop she didn't own!

Do you have staff? This will affect them and needs to be sorted ASAP.

What outcome do you want? You need to get that clear in your mind first. Have you discussed any problems with her?

Legal help is expensive, so try and talk first.

Latest posts

Back