Party lashes and eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD Beauty

Reaction score
Can someone help by explaining what the differences between party lashes and eyelash extensions are please? [emoji16]

And also semi permanent lashes. Are they all the same thing?

I know it may seem like a stupid question to some of you, but I have no idea about lashes and would like some advice[emoji4]

I know it may seem like a stupid question to some of you, but I have no idea about lashes and would like some advice[emoji4]

Party Lashes also known as cluster lashes or weekend lashes are applied onto lashes without isolating, because of this they don’t allow the natural lashes to grow properly so should only be worn for short periods of time so for 2/3 days normally. They are also heavy on the lashes. Wearing them for long periods of time will damage natural lashes. They usually take 30 mins a set

Semi permanent or individual lashes are single lashes applied to a single natural lash,isolating each lash. They allow the natural lashes to shed naturally taking the extension with it, meaning infills are needed every 2/3 weeks. A set can take 2/3 hours.

I’ve noticed in my area a lot of beauty therapists advertise individuals but in reality they are clusters.

Louise is right :)
There is strip lashes which are applied to the lash line and removed at the end of the night

Cluster lashes or weekend lashes are applied with a special cluster and strip lash adhesive and removed after a couple of days. The adhesive is a lot softer than the one used for semi permanent lashes and your client can remove the lashes at home.

Semi permanent and Volume lashes are applied with a stronger adhesive and need to be removed or infilled by a qualified therapist

Yes that’s what I thought. I’m thinking of training in lash extensions but not sure if I can stand and focus like that for two hours . What are your opinions on the express lash extensions?

Express lashes have a bit of mixed reviews but that is only due to some very poor training. If done properly they can be fantastic and look not too dissimilar of semi permanent lashes but with a much shorter application time. One thing that is important though is that they need to be removed after 2 weeks and they cannot be infilled but it does suit a lot of therapists and clients too!

If you dont want to spend too much time you can also consider lash lifting as it can give a fabulous look especially if combined with a tint or semi permanent mascara x

Ah thank you all for your input. I already do lash lift and tint. Think I may try doing the lashes on myself to see how fiddly it is before deciding if I could do it as a treatment in my salon. [emoji848]

Sorry to sound negative but PLEASE dont do the lashes on yourself of anyone else without being trained!
You would not know how to do the treatment correctly, you would not be insured and you would also not get the most out of the products and you would leave yourself wide open to any claims!

I didn’t say I was going to do them on clients I have been qualified in Nails and Beauty for 10 years and am fully insured, I have never and would never attempt to perform ANY treatment on the public without full training or insurance. I just wanted to try a few out on myself to see if I have a steady enough hand, good enough eyesight, or enough patience to perform the treatment before investing in a good quality course and equipment.

If you are not trained in the treatment I wouldnt advise to do the treatment, neither on yourself or anyone else. If you are not trained you wouldnt know how to perform the treatment or use the products safely to get the most out of the treatment x

IMO it will be harder to apply to yourself than on a client. I woukdn’t Even attempt it on my self, you would need one eye open and eye closed while focusing with a pair of sharp tweezers. If you really want to try then use a pair of strip lashes oh a sponge as the “client”

IMO it will be harder to apply to yourself than on a client. I woukdn’t Even attempt it on my self, you would need one eye open and eye closed while focusing with a pair of sharp tweezers. If you really want to try then use a pair of strip lashes oh a sponge as the “client”

Ooh great that’s really helpful I will give it a try. Thank you [emoji3]

Express lashes have a bit of mixed reviews but that is only due to some very poor training. If done properly they can be fantastic and look not too dissimilar of semi permanent lashes but with a much shorter application time. One thing that is important though is that they need to be removed after 2 weeks and they cannot be infilled but it does suit a lot of therapists and clients too!

If you dont want to spend too much time you can also consider lash lifting as it can give a fabulous look especially if combined with a tint or semi permanent mascara x
Do you have any experience with semi-permanent mascara by any chance? It's something I briefly looked into a while back but there seemed to be mixed reviews. If it worked well I think it's something my Lash lift clients would be very interested in x

No I don’t. I searched google last night and couldn’t find much, I thought it had kind of fizzled out

No I don’t. I searched google last night and couldn’t find much, I thought it had kind of fizzled out[/QUOT.

I must admit I came to the conclusion if it was as good as it sounded it would be widely used by now.

Do you have any experience with semi-permanent mascara by any chance? It's something I briefly looked into a while back but there seemed to be mixed reviews. If it worked well I think it's something my Lash lift clients would be very interested in x

There is only a limited amount of suppliers on the market now and most are premixed which causes a lot of problems with lashes clumping together which gave it the negative publicity.
We use a two component system so you can mix it as natural or dramatic as you want and you can also add coloured powders or glitters if you want to add a bit of glamour or sparkle and it is really popular on its own but moreso with lash lift clients as it makes the lashes look longer and fuller x (we have a few pictures on facebook if that helps) x

There is only a limited amount of suppliers on the market now and most are premixed which causes a lot of problems with lashes clumping together which gave it the negative publicity.
We use a two component system so you can mix it as natural or dramatic as you want and you can also add coloured powders or glitters if you want to add a bit of glamour or sparkle and it is really popular on its own but moreso with lash lift clients as it makes the lashes look longer and fuller x (we have a few pictures on facebook if that helps) x

What system do you use? I’m really interested in this! I am off to do more research.

What system do you use? I’m really interested in this! I am off to do more research.
We use the flirties system and there is a few pictures on the website and there is also a chat group on facebook with images if that helps x

Latest posts

Back