Party lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was simply put...

Party lashes 3-4 days (hence weekend)
Placed amongst lash line with relevant adhesive (which I was aware was similar to strip lash glue and could Infact touch the skin safely, providing the client wasn't allergic to latex) also why these can be bought off any store shelf by public.

Express lashes (2 week wear using single hair extension although not by isolation) using semi perm adhesive, which is why they would last two weeks, and adhesive not to touch the skin. Must be professionally removed to stop damaging new hair growth cycle. Not available to general public- ie Boots

Semi perm 4 weeks roughly before infill. Isolation method single hair to single hair. Can fall out with natural lash cycle without harm, or infilled and maintained.

I think it's pretty simple to grasp, however I can totally see the misunderstanding with terms ESP since manufacturers are getting it so wrong.

I do feel someone should be sending this thread as part of a complaint to the relevant companies involved.

Placed amongst lash line with relevant adhesive (which I was aware was similar to strip lash glue and could Infact touch the skin safely, providing the client wasn't allergic to latex) also why these can be bought off any store shelf by public.

Express lashes (2 week wear using single hair extension although not by isolation) using semi perm adhesive, which is why they would last two weeks, and adhesive not to touch the skin. Must be professionally removed to stop damaging new hair growth cycle. Not available to general public- ie Boots

Semi perm 4 weeks roughly before infill. Isolation method single hair to single hair. Can fall out with natural lash cycle without harm, or infilled and maintained.

I think it's pretty simple to grasp, however I can totally see the misunderstanding with terms ESP since manufacturers are getting it so wrong.

I do feel someone should be sending this thread as part of a complaint to the relevant companies involved.

You can get glue similar to strip lash glue in cluster packs (I used to use them years ago) but many of the ones now are mis-named semi-permanent and last up to 2weeks like the salon systems glue I use which should NOT touch the skin! (Too many different products out there confusing people) x

Can I ask in my area a lot of people are wearing cluster lashes instead of sp lashes, and being told by other therapists that they last 2 weeks and clients are having them removed and a new set applied every time. Obviously this can damage the natural lash. How much of a break should u have between each set of cluster lashes?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

You can use either strip lash glue (i.e. Duo) and they'll last 2/3 days or the glue that comes in the packs and sold by the manufacturers such as Ardell Lashtite or Salon System individual glue in either clear or black, this is a stronger glue which makes the lashes last up to 2 weeks.

SapphireBeaux, I don't think it is simple to grasp for a newbie, just do a search there are hundreds of threads like this.

Manufacturers calling cluster/party lashes individual lashes causes confusion straight away and I agree maybe we should contact the manufacturers/stockist and point this out and also with their misleading info (4 - 6 week wear) on how long they can last. :irked: x

Lol! Waterproof! I stock water based mascara myself now to avoid this sort of thing happening.

My express lashes are lasting as they should do, approximately two weeks however I've been using the wrong terminology and occasionally calling them 'party' lashes.

I've had a look at the lash perfect site but was not able to add to trolly or view prices. I may need to create an acvt 1st. Or it might be that I've been using my phone. I'll check it out again tomoz xx

I only trained in November for Express Lashes, I thought they'd be more popular than they are, hopefully it'll pick up for Summer but I'm having mixed reviews as some clients say they are lasting up to 2 weeks, some clients complaining they've fallen out the next day and I'm not 100% confident as a result of this.

When I did the course, there were a few girls who had already done the SP training and they were constantly being told that they were "over thinking" the process as they're so used to isolating lashes, they found it difficult to just basically drop the lashes on the lash.

It's frustrating because I can't guarantee they're following the aftercare, who knows if they're jumping in the shower on the night they've had their lashes done. I need to do a set on a fellow therapist and see how they last on them.

You can use either strip lash glue (i.e. Duo) and they'll last 2/3 days or the glue that comes in the packs and sold by the manufacturers such as Ardell Lashtite or Salon System individual glue in either clear or black, this is a stronger glue which makes the lashes last up to 2 weeks.

SapphireBeaux, I don't think it is simple to grasp for a newbie, just do a search there are hundreds of threads like this.

Manufacturers calling cluster/party lashes individual lashes causes confusion straight away and I agree maybe we should contact the manufacturers/stockist and point this out and also with their misleading info (4 - 6 week wear) on how long they can last. :irked: x

Yes- I am not suggesting it's simple for new people or experienced, that's exactly why I wrote that paragraph out. I'm simply saying the basic and simplest explanation is as I laid it out. The glue is what is making it confusing, I am only attempting to clear up the terminology and what types of lashes/application should be.

It really does need to be marketed better and clearer, or perhaps even our original training companies all need to be consistent with each other rather than giving all us therapists conflicting opinions. :-(

I offer cluster lashes using lash tite glue and advice my clients that they can last anything from 2-10 days depending on the person and how well they look after them.

They normally last 3/4 days on myself but wear contant lenses, and always find myself rubbing my eyes or messing with my lashes without even realising. However lots of my clients get a good 10 days.

Even the semi permanent ones that are suppose to last 6 weeks didnt last a week on me, i think its just me

Thanks for this post...... this is my understanding too!
I am new to lashing & I will be sticking to my guns (clients have had sp glue applied at other salons)......clusters will only be applied with strip lash glue for 2-3 day wear.
I am slowly educating them that they need "express" lashes (with sp glue) for 2wk wear & must return for removal ..... which I include in the price!
:)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

I have just recently done my training for Spray tanning and i am starting out doing it mobile. I am now looking at doing a course on eyelash extensions but just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere to do it? I am from Leeds but able to travel also if anyone recommends one a bit further out!

Thanks Rosie :)

I prefer Ardell Lashtite rather than Salon System glue as I find the SS glue too fumey/strong and it irritates those with sensitive eyes.

I find that the salon system glue has a strong smell and it made my eyes water before even applying it when I was training we got it in our kits one of the girls in my class was applying cluster lashes to my eyelashes it made my bottom lashes stick together and when I tried to open my eyes it made them sting.
I don't have sensitive eyes its kind of put me off doing them as I wouldn't want to do that to a client.
I must give this Ardell Lashtite a go
Do you use Ardell lashes too? Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I had clusters applied at a salon where they used salon system but they applied too much/too much adhesive, touching the lid and stuck my bottom lashes to top then stung my eyes even more with remover to unstick top n bottom. Horrid experience.
But once trained I used to self apply with salon system (eyes open) and was absolutely fine! When I apply to clients I use the same gel pads as I use when applying semi-permanent lashes to stop bottoms sticking and wait for the adhesive to set a couple minutes to avoid problems with fumes. Xx

I had to do a lot of tests for awhile on clients to find what the average wear time is without doing damage to their natural lashes. So now, I offer 'Party Lashes' for £12 and from my experience on average they've been lasting my clients about 5-7 days without damage. So I advertise as 'Can last up to 5 days' and I tell clients not to keep them on for longer than 10 days.

I offer a removal service too. I have some clients that the lashes have stayed on for 10 days with no damage and they love them. So that's a bonus for them but I'd still always say that they are party lashes. If you let the clients know how to properly look after them, there shouldn't be any problems

I apply them with the eye closed which sometimes does cause fume issues, so for clients with sensitive eyes I used the eye patches to cover the bottom lashes which helps with sticking.

I have been using the black salon system glue and lashes for 2 years now and it's still one of my most popular treatments!

Weekend or Cluster lashes will last longer with the new knott free clusters. You can purchase these from Ultimate Eyelash Supplies. They are a lot lighter because they don't have the bulb at the bottom like most cluster lashes.

I have mine done as a treat I don't offer this service my therapist always seals them after they're done what would this be ? Don't like to ask her what she uses x

Hi , can u tell me which eye patched u use, also where do u get them from as I sometimes find some people's eyes start watering because of the fumes from the glue. If u have any pictures to show how u put the patches on then it would be great if u cud share them . thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back