Patch testing for individual eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy01

Reaction score
Hi! I recently did an individual eyelash extension course. We didn’t go into any great detail re patch testing I recall being told to test the adhesive behind the clients ear 48hours prior to the treatment.
I’ve just been reading up online and there appears to be very mixed reviews-some saying to test behind the ear and others saying not to put on the skin and instead apply a small lash to the corner of each eye. I have insurance through ‘The Guild’ does anybody know what their requirements are? Can’t phone for advice being a Saturday and I’ve got a new client wanting a patch test this evening.
Any help/advice on this would be much appreciated. x

I always put a lash in corner of eye, it’s a better indication I think

I recently had someone try to sue me so take it from someone who's been on the wrong end of this big crappy stick! Follow your manufacturer's instructions only!

I recently had someone try to sue me so take it from someone who's been on the wrong end of this big crappy stick! Follow your manufacturer's instructions only!

Sorry to hear that! Hope all got resolved ok. Everybody’s worst nightmare [emoji51]!!
I am trying out a new adhesive and there’s no instructions inside the box. The bottle just says a patch test must be carried out 48hours in advance but doesn’t specify anything about method. I’ve had a look on their web page and can’t see anything on there either. I’ll give them a ring tomorrow. Thank you for your advice x

Sorry to hear that! Hope all got resolved ok. Everybody’s worst nightmare [emoji51]!!
I am trying out a new adhesive and there’s no instructions inside the box. The bottle just says a patch test must be carried out 48hours in advance but doesn’t specify anything about method. I’ve had a look on their web page and can’t see anything on there either. I’ll give them a ring tomorrow. Thank you for your advice x
No problem. Please do call them. And ask them to send instructions via email x

Latest posts

Back