Patchy tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pammiid

Reaction score
sprayed a client the last night and she's saying she came out patchy?

i sprayed everywhere - had everywhere covered like i've been trained to

why would this be?

i'd given all preperation details last week in order for her to be ready for me...

:?: am soooo puzzled - is it something am doing wrong :?:

thanx for your help fellow geeks

Px

Normally you'll find that it's because they didn't adhere to your instructions. They should have not moisturized - they should have exfoliated. no perfume,deodorant etc. Did you do consultation? She may have been on medication, sometimes this can affect the tan - or is she pregnant?? otherwise i don't know what to tell you......she must have not adhered to aftercare and maybe she washed too early or something......?

If you are sure you covered everywhere its likely to be something she has done;
does she have dry skin patches?
did she exfoliate prior to tan? If so when?
Had she bathed soon before the tan?
Is she menstruating? Is she pregnant?
There could be so many reasons!

sprayed a client the last night and she's saying she came out patchy?

i sprayed everywhere - had everywhere covered like i've been trained to

why would this be?

i'd given all preparation details last week in order for her to be ready for me...

:?: am soooo puzzled - is it something am doing wrong :?:

thanx for your help fellow geeks

Px

Hi ...im suspecting you have just recently been trained and if that is the case dont let this issue knock your confidence ..it is going to happen to even experienced therapists.

It is important to be quiet firm and fixed with your customers in telling them to stick to pre (as well as post) tan regimes.

Not only is exfoliation important to remove dry dead skin but it helps to remove both perfume,antiperspirant and jewelry stains from the skin but more importantly removes any residue moisturiser/oil or hair conditioner(top torso) as well.

Assuming your technique was correct then this definitely sounds like a client problem.

Just as an addendum it would be worthwhile having a tub of buff wipes in your bag which are great for exfoliation and normalizing the skins PH levels for those customers who turn up for a spray tan who haven't prepared adequately.

HTH and good luck :hug:

Latest posts

Back