Paul Mitchell - Red Series

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callum91

Reaction score
Helloo :)

The salon I work in has PaulMitchell The Color(I've only been there 4months)
Is it just me or are the reds not any good,
or am I doing something wrong??:cry:

A PM Rep came in last week to talk about
the new formula,and that the Reds are meant to be a lot more
vibrant, long lasting, brighter&better.:rolleyes:

Yesterday I had a client, who wanted
a T-Section Foils of Red(she didn't care what red, she just wanted a long lasting Red) and a full head colour of Black.
So I told her the Reds were unlikely to last, fade out quickly, and she would be better off if I pre-lightened the TSection then used a Red Semi.
She insisted on the 6RR. So I asked the Top Stylist (I'm a Junior, as it's my 1st Salon job and I completed Lv3 @College in May) if using 30vol would make it any brighter/longlasting/etc, and she said it should, and she also suggested using the Red ColorShot too.

The clients base was 6, about 3inches of regrowth,
but did have (lots) of previous colour build up ( bleach, then black) but it had faded to a warm 7.

I was pesimistic about the Red taking, and I was right.
It looked terracotta even on her regrowth:eek:. She wasnt pleased but admitted it was her own fault.

Is there any way to make the R series of PMTC any better?
Or is it just no good?

i aint used paul mitchell before so cant comment on them specifically, but in past experience use 6 percent wherever possible with reds, the less u can get off with the longer lasting the colour will be, using 9 is kinda overkill and is roughening up[ the cuticle unneccesarily and therefore leaving the hair less capable to hold onto the colour inside. . .not much help but jus for future reference xxx

@ScottyDolly ~~ Ooohh right :eek:
Now I know ;) Thank you.

Has anyone else had problems with PM Reds?

Latest posts

Back