Pedicures on a beauty bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've always done pedicures with the client sitting down on a chair but I'm moving into a room next week and I'm not going to have enough space for a comfy chair. I will however have my beauty bed in there and I've heard people doing it this way. I cannot for the life of me think how it's going to work! I've laid on the bed, sat up a bit and put my feet flat but they are nowhere near the end of the bed! I would have to lean over quite a lot to be able to see what I'm doing! Also how would I do it if someone wanted the foot spa and a scrub etc? Would I put the foot spa on the bed? X

Hi I use a bed to do all my pedicures, when they first come in I have a regular style chair in the corner of room that my client sits on whilst having a soak and I then do foot scrub I then lift her feet and then we move to the couch to do rest of pedicure, to wash off any products I have a bowl of fresh warm water and mitts to wipe away, the couch is set up as follows, back rest in upright position with cusions to sit client more foreword and a pillow at end of couch covered with towels this helps lift the feet slightly to allow u to have free access to foot although when doing a shellac pedi I remove the pillow to allow movement to get into lamp hope this helps x

I did pedicures on a bed working in a spa. Instead of using a bowl to soak to feet I would use heated mitts (the kind you'd use for a luxury facial) generously. Clients loved it because they got to lie down for the whole treatment. You can make it really luxurious by giving them something nice on their eyes to help them relax such as a lavender bag or damp cotton pads just so they're not staring at a bright ceiling when you turn the light up to paint.

Bed pedicures are awesome :)

I did pedicures on a bed working in a spa. Instead of using a bowl to soak to feet I would use heated mitts (the kind you'd use for a luxury facial) generously. Clients loved it because they got to lie down for the whole treatment. You can make it really luxurious by giving them something nice on their eyes to help them relax such as a lavender bag or damp cotton pads just so they're not staring at a bright ceiling when you turn the light up to paint.

Bed pedicures are awesome :)
Sounds lovely. I'm not sure about not doing the soak though as its the main bit of a spa pedi! Do they lay flat? What do you do when it comes to painting their nails just get them to put there feet flat? X

Sounds lovely. I'm not sure about not doing the soak though as its the main bit of a spa pedi! Do they lay flat? What do you do when it comes to painting their nails just get them to put there feet flat? X

A good soak is lovely but the method I used in spas was born out of necessity really because I was ages away from the sink and it was a real trek to the bed when time was of the essence on a Saturday (omg that makes me sound bad but I was doing my best within working for someone else lol!). But yeah if you ensure that the hot towels are really warm and really moist and the feet and legs are liberally exposed to them then clients love it.

Regarding painting when the client is lying down always use toe separators (ideally the flexible tube type...the white cotton type ones) and if you can, lower the bed so that bending the toes gently but firmly towards you works. If you prefer you can ask the client to bed their knees so their feet are flat on the bed but in practice painting the toes of someone who is lying down is, in my experience, more daunting in theory than in practice.

I grew to really like bed pedicures. Less faff and bending about :) more relaxing and luxurious :)

Nb I'm assuming that you're just putting polish on the toe nails. For anything involving a gel lamp I would recommend a different method to that which I describe.

We use a bed for pedis where I work I find it a lot easier and you don't get back / neck ache as the clients feet are in a good position for you to work with [emoji4]

I've just watched a video of hot mitts in a pedicure and it looks so relaxing! Think I will have to get some! :D x

Hi I use a bed to do all my pedicures, when they first come in I have a regular style chair in the corner of room that my client sits on whilst having a soak and I then do foot scrub I then lift her feet and then we move to the couch to do rest of pedicure, to wash off any products I have a bowl of fresh warm water and mitts to wipe away, the couch is set up as follows, back rest in upright position with cusions to sit client more foreword and a pillow at end of couch covered with towels this helps lift the feet slightly to allow u to have free access to foot although when doing a shellac pedi I remove the pillow to allow movement to get into lamp hope this helps x

My beautician does it this way with the heated mitts too. I just have ordinary polish afterwards and the experience is blissful!

I can't be bothered to do my own pedi's these days. :rolleyes::D

My beautician does it this way with the heated mitts too. I just have ordinary polish afterwards and the experience is blissful!

I can't be bothered to do my own pedi's these days. :rolleyes::D
Do you not miss the soaking your feet? X

Sorry, yes she does it like @nikkisbeauty post and sits me on a chair in the corner of the room to remove old polish and have a soak in the foot bath but then it's on to the bed, lie down and the heated mitts etc. Mmmmm. If she's not too busy, she'll leave me for a while to relax (read trashy mags/snooze) with the heated mitts on. The heated mitts bit is soooo much nicer than the foot soak in my opinion.

If doing a gel pedi on couch how do the clients put their feet in and out the lamp ? Do they bend the knees up ? X

If doing a gel pedi on couch how do the clients put their feet in and out the lamp ? Do they bend the knees up ? X

This is what I am wondering. I don't have a comfy chair and the chair my clients sit on when having a Mani is useless too for Pedi's. I have been doing it on the couch and as others say it is fine with a normal polish but when I do Shellac and I have to put their feet in and out of the lamp I find it a right pain. Anyone any tips on this?

I have used my bed to do shellac, client upright and knees bent (not torture!) to access the lamp.however I have kind of avoided pedicures as felt it was an awful upheaval doing a soak in a basin, exfoliation, (with a chair no pedicures station) etc so I am curious to know how you perform this using the couch!! Thank you for posting!

Latest posts

Back