Primark/Penneys Beauty Bar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah1992

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Primark/Penneys new beauty bar will soon be up and running and having just seen the pricelist today I have to say I am a little worried for salons everywhere.

Am I the only one? Would like to know what people's feeling are on the subject? not sure if I am allowed to post a picture of the pricelist!

I expect they will have a particular client base for beauty just as they do for clothing.

Well I had no idea about this! Or that primark is penneys in Ireland!? I do think they'd need to be a bit more organised to run a beauty bar tho all the primarks by me are always like a jumble sale junkyard! And those queues! Especially at Christmas time! I feel sorry for the poor staff that will have to work the beauty bar!

It was a similar story when tesco opened their hair and beauty salons but they don't seem to have made much impact,unless anyne else has noticed otherwise?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not all clients shop by price. Not all shops offer the same quality of products.

Its about understanding the market you are aiming to attract.

People who shop at Waitrose for instance, don't choose to shop there for their bargain offers.

Clients who chase Groupon offers are more interested in price than quality.

You need to decide what end of the market you wish to attract and tailor your business in that direction. :lol:

I have to say I can only think of one of my clients who might go there and if she does I will heave a big sigh of relief!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would love to see the price list

I would love to think that it will be a certain type of client but where I am from the vast majority of people are looking for deals and will go anywhere to get them, even getting tips is not so much a 'done thing' so it seems!

Would like to see how it goes anyways! Can't imagine it would be a luxury by any stretch

Little by little this business becomes less proffessional. It's a slippery slope when 'Brands' offer training with no previous experience being necessary. Be it brows, lashes, make-up.....we, in the public's eye, are all the same.
I agree, that some will always shop quality first, but I have 'money' client's, that love a bargin, more so than the client, who has saved for her special treat!
Wilco's now stock their own 'brow & lash' tinting kit, a little over a fiver, with enough for 9 applications!
I don't have the answer, just expressing disappointment in what used to be a profession I was proud to be in.

To be fair, it WILL only attract a certain type of client.

No offence meant by my post at all, just my personal observation.

Not being funny, I've only walked into primark once, (never again) if the primark shop around my way is anything to go by, where they look like a glorified jumble sale with clothes all over the floor, footprints and pram wheel marks on them, mum's with huge wide buggies crashing into everyone due to lack of space, kids running riot and screaming.. can you imagine how the beauty bars will look?

I don't think we've got anything to worry about. The people who I feel will get treatments there probsbly don't use a professional salon anyway.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

When our new big Tesco opened they put a beauty bar in offering opi gelcolor, lash & brow treatments and teeth whitening. It has not affected our salon in any way and most people say they would rather come to a nice relaxing salon than sit in the middle of Tesco having a treatment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Morning folks

Please can I remind you not to critique the salon in the link. I've had to delete two posts so far.

Many thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Honestly, I don't think this is horrendous. A lot of people go for in-store beauty services for the convenience factor, you can't blame Primark for getting in on the action. And, At least it's a cheaper option with qualified therapists and safe products. If someone was only able to afford a budget treatment I'd rather they go here than to an unqualified 'therapist' with dubious products.

How do we all feel about Penney's/Primark deciding they now want to be a salon and opening up nail/beauty bars? Some of the prices are ridiculous. I mean they're basically a large corporation who can afford to do things dirt cheap but bloody hell they'll drive me out of business if they open one in every Penneys!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we all feel about Penney's/Primark deciding they now want to be a salon and opening up nail/beauty bars? Some of the prices are ridiculous. I mean they're basically a large corporation who can afford to do things dirt cheap but bloody hell they'll drive me out of business if they open one in every Penneys!

Oops sorry didn't realise there was already a thread, thanks for moving my post mods :D

It's not just the services they offer being cut price.
I have had to stop selling hair accessories, such as clips, bun rings, and velcro rollers.
I can not get them from any salon wholesaler for the price they are selling these for at Primark, let alone add a profit!
Check out large bun ring - wholesale (salon supplies) £5.00 + vat, against Primark £1.50!

Me too! They sell bun rings in my local pound shop :(

Hi,

Noticed on the link that KHS has posted that the salon is called 'Love Beauty'.

I own the trademark for 'Love Beauty'. Might have to look into that.

Laura x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back