Primark/Penneys Beauty Bar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Yes will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow, thanks for bringing this to my attention, I wouldn't have known if I hadn't seen your link.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Laura x

You're very welcome Laura,
Hope you get on OK, yes keep us informed - good luck x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

Noticed on the link that KHS has posted that the salon is called 'Love Beauty'.

I own the trademark for 'Love Beauty'. Might have to look into that.

Laura x

Aren't these in ROI?

Do you have a community trademark for European protection? Or just UK protection?

Ah ok I should have read the article... they're in a variety of locations including ROI & not actually a Primark enterprise. They're outsourced & managed by the company which runs the beauty bars in Debenhams & House of Fraser also. Their trademark is currently under examination.

Last edited:
Hi,

It's registered in the UK only, classes 21 and 44.

Hope this isn't a stupid question but what do you mean that it's under investigation? I don't see anything on the ipo website.

Thanks

Laura x

Under examination is when a trademark request has been submitted & is being reviewed by the ipo.

This is the trademark under review:

Intellectual Property Office - By number results

It has been under examination for an abnormally long time which is a positive sign.

Whilst it is prudent to consult with a solicitor at this stage I wouldn't worry too much as it is likely to resolve naturally. They will probably be advised to tweak the branding so as to be eligible for publication. If it were published you would have a 2 month period to officially object/block the trademark. Hopefully that will be unnecessary as from experience it can get pretty expensive :hug:

Hi,

Great thanks for all the advice, I had something like this years ago when someone tried to trademark 'Love Hair Love Beauty Love Nails'. Managed to block that last time (the love beauty part) so hopefully will be successful again.

She has tried to trademark her name xxxxxxxxxxxxx, I didn't think you could trademark people's names?

Thanks

Laura x

Last edited by a moderator:
Please deal with any legal issues outside of this forum, and refrain from naming individuals, thank you.

In the meantime and with the OP's questions having been answered, this thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back