Perfecting smokey eyes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeleelee112

Reaction score
I'm struggling to perfect smokey eyes?
Any hints or tips would be appreciated x

Hi,

Im not a make up geek but I always do my own make up and have always wanted to learn smokey eyes.
The way I learnt was by watching Youtube clips constantly and applying while watching.
Sounds silly and isnt the most professional way but I know thats how a lot of people learn to do make up x

An easy way we learnt was to get gel liner, mix with a drop or two of (Inglot) duraline and apply all over lid, then quickly blend it out for a smokey effect, make sure to work quick because when it sets it wont be easy to blend :)

For me, blending is key to any smokey eye, no matter what colour or product you choose to use. Ideally there should be no harsh lines and it should blend out seamlessly.

Consider using a clean blending brush to blend the edges. Or if you need to choose a transition colour for blending.

Hope this helps!

Thank you these tips are really useful gonna have a play tonight.
And been glued to YouTube :) xx

Jaclyn Hill on youtube is awesome at smokey eyes! Def check her out.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love Jaclyn Hill!! Also Nicole Guerriero (my personal fave) and Casey Holmes.

Clean fluffy brushes for blending
Do eyes first then foundation/concealer
Transition shades for seamless graduation between dark shades and lighter shades/skin

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the tape trick just get some scotch tape and line it up along your waterline to the tip of your eyebrow it allows you to smudge and blend as much as you want without ending up looking like a raccoon.

Pixi woo on YouTube is amazing x

Cover the lid with a creamy coloured shadow all over, to the brow before you apply any colour. This helps the darker colour going on too heavy, and makes it a lot more blendable!

Vicki x

Thank you taking all on board and going to practise over the weekend :) xx

Latest posts

Back