Performing treatments when pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chixyorky

Reaction score
Hey there just a quick one and probably a silly question. Can you give electrical treatments ie caci facials if you are pregnant yourself. I know pregnancy would be a contra indication for the client but is it for the therapist as the current should go through you should it?

if the current goes through you (as with galvanic? i can't remember... i trained ages ago... god i feel old! lol) i would avoid those. If the current isn't going to go through you then I wouldn't think there would be a problem x

Check with ur midwife or dr to confirm if u can i remember I was pregnant with my first during my Nvq 3 and could not do electrical treatments so I went back and finished the course after I had my baby

CACI is fine as long as you don't touch the probes to complete the circuit

Not pregnant at the moment but trying so thought it would be best to find out first just incase. For the few weeks you dont know didnt know if it would be a problem! Scary stuff!!! X

I use loads of equipment in my salon, Only thing I avoided was lasers (although I believe this is fine, just being cautious encase I accidently sent a shot off on myself) and anything that meant I had current running through my body x

Please always go on the side of caution when pregnant even though most things are fine you can never be too careful

Everything else should be fine though shouldn't it. Spray tans and stuff. Just cant use essential oils and certain massage oils? X

Caci is fine, did these treatments right through my pregnancy. Just be careful with aromatherapy, particularly detox oils/treatments.

Brilliant. Just piece of mind x

Latest posts

Back