Permanent straightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondielocks18

Reaction score
Hey guys, been looking up on permanently straightening. Have noticed that there are quite a few ways of doing it..
Can anyone help?

What are the ways of doing this?
How long do they last?
What if your hair is chemically treated already? (Colour or bleach)

Also does anyone have any information on training courses on these services in the uk?

There's a brand called Makarizo that's a thermal rebonder, we use it here a lot in Australia I'm sure they'd have it in the uk? Look into it I get really good results :)

There's a brand called Makarizo that's a thermal rebonder, we use it here a lot in Australia I'm sure they'd have it in the uk? Look into it I get really good results :)

This is in Australia? I'll have to look into it.. Have you used on bleached hair?

No chemical straightening product is recommended for heavily bleached hair however this one you can quite happily use on coloured and highlighted hair, but any signs of chemical damage I wouldn't do it.

It's an Italian product they should have it there too :)

You cam use kerastraight on bleached hair, be warned it just make the hair a
Bit brassy though!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Bit brassy though!

That's to do with the heat, we swapped to KeraSilk for this reason.

Bit brassy though!

Oh really I have never used Kerastraight before, do they come in strengths?

Kerasilk does- 4 options based around medium and intense. So you can de frizz curly hair or smooth a bit more

We've just got kerastraight in our salon. One of our stylists was the model during training, her hair colour had lifted from a 3 to a 4! Shes not overly impressed, finding she still needs to straighten a few areas on the morning, still an improvement though.

It's called colour shifting - it's common in products that don't contain formaldehyde. Was that explained to you in the training and can you colour over it?

Nope it wasn't explained! We were told it can be done 48 hours before/after colouring.

Ok, well if the product causes colour shifting then I'm surprised that they recommend colouring before!
The downside of this is that the client would have to come back in for a second visit 48hours later for a colouring service.
This wasn't the reason we don't use Kerastraight any more, however we did change to goldwell kerasilk, it still can cause colour shifting however you can colour straight over it, so the client can have the keratin service and cut and colour if needs all in one hit without coming back on a different day.

We find small things like this are moser appealing to clients so we are getting a higher request for the service.

Latest posts

Back