Perms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcandyclub

Reaction score
hi everyone I have a client I have been perming with wella curl it perms. I roll the hair wet then put the perm on for 25mins then rinse and neutralise. My client as asked for me to put the perm lotion on before then the perm rods after. I was wondering if anyone does it this way and how long you leave it on for? And which perm lotion is best for this? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks Michelle

Did the perm not hold last time? If the perm was ok then do it the way you know how to, don't let a client tell you how to do their hair!

If the hair is long then you can do it like this, but if she has short hair it's best to put it on after x

If your client is used to perms being applied that way, you need to gently educate her that modern perm formulas are applied after the hair has had rods put in. This ensures that the timing is the same for the whole head and eliminates the risk of over processing the hair.

Hi if hair is particularly resistant or thick and ‘springy’ I find it helps to pre dampen slightly with perm lotion
However if you are happy with the results you are getting just stick to what you know !

Thanks Everyone

Latest posts

Back