Pet hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailbear85

Reaction score
Does anyone know what to use to colour pets hair? This isn't something I want to do, it's a question my boyfriend is asking and I have no idea.

Nope, no idea.
Why on earth would anyone want to do that?
I can't imagine a Vet recommending it somehow, but you could ask them? There might be special products out there.

You can buy pet hair colouring gel and also people use food colouring but you should never use human hair dye .....not quite sure why anyone would want to do this but there are products out there x

A lot of people dye show dogs. They do it wrong of course.

A lot of people dye show dogs. They do it wrong of course.
They do it wrong?

I would LOVE to tint my dog. I think she'd look cute all rainbow coloured [emoji13]

Well, I never knew! Just googled pet hair dye and saw lots of pink and purple poodles, :eek::p

They do it wrong?

I would LOVE to tint my dog. I think she'd look cute all rainbow coloured [emoji13]

They use cheap sally brand or box permanent color, usually to darken rusty black. Then the permanent color lifts the base exposing even more read. I've had a laugh or two trying to explain this.

They do it wrong?

If she is light, use one of the "crazy colors" deposit only vegetable based dyes.

If she is light, use one of the "crazy colors" deposit only vegetable based dyes.
Guy Tang has got You Tube video food dying his dogs tail pink and purple I think with foils lol

Foils?! Man. He must have a well behaved dog to sit for foils! [emoji13]

Sorry it's wrong !!
What's wrong with a good old fashioned dog with its own beautiful fur. that's the problem these days everyone is trying to be different with breeding different dogs together calling them silly names like jackapoo and many more why can't a dog be a dog. Fur and all [emoji21] ok rant over sorry peeps [emoji19]

I don't think it's right to dye a pets fur saying that tho my hubby really wants to put a yellow lightning bolt on our black moggy [emoji85]

Beautiful enough how nature made them [emoji173]️

Oh I would only do it as a one off.
It would be like putting a bow on over her collar etc. Not full on!

Sorry it's wrong !!
What's wrong with a good old fashioned dog with its own beautiful fur. that's the problem these days everyone is trying to be different with breeding different dogs together calling them silly names like jackapoo and many more why can't a dog be a dog. Fur and all
emoji21.png
I totally agree. Leave the animals fur as it should be....lol @ jackapoo they're mongrels, Heinz 57"s
My childhood rescue dog was a cross labrador collie, she wasn't a Collidor or a labracol... She was mongrel, a mixed bread dog, she was a lovely girl bless her , all these cross mixed breeds are just a way to charge stupid money to make money.

Labradoodles are going for about £950 in my area .... I swear mongrels and cross breeds used to go for LESS money than a pedigree not more? Like, going back to when I was s kid.

Having said that I'm not a pedigree snob, my own dogs crossed with something (not sure what - couch potato maybe?! lol) and I think crossbreeds are more resilient in terms of disease? Plus they're cheaper on the pet insurance!

Just want to make it clear that neither myself or my boyfriend would ever do this to our pets. He had the question and I didn't know the answer so thought I'd ask on here :D

my dog hates outfits but she's invited to trick or treating & I just found this on pintrest, what can I use on a black dog to achieve this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back