Phorest or Ovatu software?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lpolky

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know a rough monthly cost for Phorest software? Also im looking at Ovatu which is cheaper I think £30 per month.

Anyone use these???

Thankyou

I looked into Phorest they wanted to sell a package that was 3k - not what id want to spend in a small business at the moment. I've been using Ovatu since September and it's exceeded what I thought it would do - the support & training is good too, id say only thing is they keep changing the layout and adding features (which is great!) but it's confusing. I think I'll look at salon iris software at the shows later this year x

Thankyou. Think I'll give Ovatu a go. xx

I'm sure they still do one month free on the pro version (£15 PM for 1 employee or £30 upto 5) x

Hi have any of you tried hive salon software iv been using it for a few months and find it really easy to use with lots of features. I see they are launching in uk soon and only charging £2.50 per week which sounds amazing.

Hi guys, does anyone know a rough monthly cost for Phorest software? Also im looking at Ovatu which is cheaper I think £30 per month.

Anyone use these???

Thankyou

Hello Lpolky,

If you are looking for appointment scheduling software for your salon we can offer you to try our program. You can tray 30 days for free. It is cloud based, so you can use from any device, online reservations, sms and e-mail reminders, marketing tools. Starts only from 9 $ a month. Let us know what features you need from software and we can tell if our program has these features.

Regards.
Bookerlooker.com

Anyone use these???

Thankyou

I use ovatu, they are very helpful and offer on going training
[emoji4]

Hi have any of you tried hive salon software iv been using it for a few months and find it really easy to use with lots of features. I see they are launching in uk soon and only charging £2.50 per week which sounds amazing.

Lauren, do you work for Hive?

I swear any post I read, you're bigging it up?!

Haha @Tori1992 I thought it was only me who noticed that x

Lauren, do you work for Hive?

I swear any post I read, you're bigging it up?!

Hahaha hi maybe I should apply to them to be a brand ambassador and get some free salon software of them. Honest I just love what they do having used various Softwares over the years and find them so cost effective.

Anyone use these???

Thankyou

Hi

Why not avail of a free 30 day trial of our salon software.

Once done one of our team will help you set up everything.

Best

Kim

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1441150162.159318.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if you can allow people to book without paying with phorest x

Can anyone tell me if you can allow people to book without paying with phorest x
No you can't. There's no override. This was one of the things I didn't like about phorest - oh and the cost.

I did a lot of research when looking for new software and haven't looked back. Started with Ovatu in October and it's been fab x

Can you get payments for online booking with Ovatu? Like a deposit like Phorest?

Can you get payments for online booking with Ovatu? Like a deposit like Phorest?
Yes you can. You can also specify treatments that can and can't be booked online and I think you can specify certain treatments to have a deposit like a high cost one x

Does ovatu have all the same things protest do like like to Facebook and everything? Client up sale and things xx

Does ovatu have all the same things protest do like like to Facebook and everything? Client up sale and things xx
I'm not sure what you mean!

I THINK she means, 'does Ovatu have all the same things Phorest does? Like link to Facebook and other social media sites.'

I don't know what the second bit means?

Well this is what I found.

I've been on Facebook pages that clearly use phorest. A lot of them have 5 star reviews but one didn't and the whole debate over a skincare problem took place on the company's Facebook page so not so good.

We have had so many client testimonials since taking on ovatu but it's not just to swank to joe public, it can also give you a snapshot of how your staff perform. There are some things I didn't like about phorest. If you give your client a reward, you don't reward them for what they have already, you give them something new. With ovatu you can do what you like. 1000 reward points can be a tenner off or a comp mani or a discount on products. And so on.

I didn't like the fact that you HAVE to take a deposit for online bookings with phorest. A lot of my clients have been with me for years and I think they'd object. Everyone says that they get used to it. I don't agree. I also think it takes the spontaneity out of booking. Almost without exception our clients turn up. We don't have to get money out of them first. I didn't like the fact that phorest told me what to do. Salons that use it may argue that it has grown their business. It's amazing and so on but if you'd spent a few grand you'd be saying it too.

Ovatu has been amazing. And it's cheap as chips so why wouldn't you?

Vic x

Latest posts

Back