Photo advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Ink

Reaction score
No one has really heard of one of the treatments I offer, it's called dry tattooing and it reduces scars, stretch marks and wrinkles.

As it's not a brand, there are no before and after treatment photos for me to use, so I've made the decision to use my own. Trouble is I won't have an after photo till early Spring next year. In the meantime I'm using the before and immediately after photos, and the in between treatment photos as I get them too.

The immediatedly after photo really explains what we're doing, and if you understand dry needling you'll see exactly why it works... but seeing those immediately after photos... bright red, often swollen skin, when hardly any other beauty treatment shows them...

Scare you, interest you... What's your thoughts ?

And here's my website with the photos in question http://beautifulink.co.uk/mca-micro-needling

I am sticking to my decision, as I have no alternative that sits well with me, but I'd really like to know how much I'm scaring people with these immediately after photos.

I know I have a tendancy to share too much information, but when dealing with scars and stretch marks, wouldn't you want to know ? Would I put you off completely ? Would you want to see the after photo before deciding, or do you get it enough and know that no after photos can promise a result ? ...but it is nice seeing them, I know

Thanks

No one has really heard of one of the treatments I offer, it's called dry tattooing and it reduces scars, stretch marks and wrinkles.

As it's not a brand, there are no before and after treatment photos for me to use, so I've made the decision to use my own. Trouble is I won't have an after photo till early Spring next year. In the meantime I'm using the before and immediately after photos, and the in between treatment photos as I get them too.

The immediatedly after photo really explains what we're doing, and if you understand dry needling you'll see exactly why it works... but seeing those immediately after photos... bright red, often swollen skin, when hardly any other beauty treatment shows them...

Scare you, interest you... What's your thoughts ?

And here's my website with the photos in question http://beautifulink.co.uk/mca-micro-needling

I am sticking to my decision, as I have no alternative that sits well with me, but I'd really like to know how much I'm scaring people with these immediately after photos.

I know I have a tendancy to share too much information, but when dealing with scars and stretch marks, wouldn't you want to know ? Would I put you off completely ? Would you want to see the after photo before deciding, or do you get it enough and know that no after photos can promise a result ? ...but it is nice seeing them, I know

Thanks

In my opinion people are very visual, they prefer to look at pictures than read copious amounts of script. I wouldn't be put off by looking at pictures, it gives an understanding of what is likely to be expected. If results weren't there you would have no after photos at any point- you just need to ensure somewhere you explain that after results will differ between clients. I work on scarring/burns/stretchmarks with CACI and although results are there to be seen the consultation cards are designed to be signed by the clients with the wording " results are not guaranteed " just removes liability slightly. The only thing I would remove on your website is stating that the after results will not be shown until spring next year. This to me just puts unnecessary doubt in peoples minds. I don't think you need to state it - maybe better to say work in progress. Another thing you could do is put all your pictures that are slightly more graphic (facial ones) into a membership area where a registration is required from a visitor - these people are generally more interested in the service and probably would have already researched it. HTH.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back