Pink hair advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazzle_g

Reaction score
I'm doing a friends hair tomorrow, I got crazy colour in 2 diff pinks, she wanted baby pink so got candyfloss but got pinkissimo too as some on here mentioned candy floss can be a bit too pale.

Shes a natural 7/8 quite gingery so I'm going to highlift tint that first so is a nice blonde to put pink on!

then she said she wants pink streaks, obv not thru the top sections. so I can either do that and do really thick streaks leaving out the top crown section, or I think doing ombre would look far more modern. I was thinking even light pink ombre painted on method, then just do the very tips with the pinkissimo just to add some interest and make it stand out. what would u do? shes not working at the moment and is up for something a bit different. (trust me in the middle east anything other than black or highlights is considered wacky! my friends plum hair I do gets amazing commentary lol!)

also I've never used crazy colour before, do you apply to wet or dry hair?

sorry if daft questions I just really want to do something wow to add to my portfolio.

thanks!

U can mix them so u can do a gradual fade! Instructions state wet hair but I apply to dry personal preference!

Why don't u lift with a gentle bleach rather than hi lift! Remember ur sulfate shampoo so it lasts a little longer

I used fudge (there pink one) on dry hair mixed with whiter shade of pale, it made a really nice candyfloss colour x

Mix the two to find a shade she likes :) pinkissimo turns out incredibly bright on hair thats been lifted enough, it says to apply to wet hair, but I like to shampoo first with a ph balanced shampoo, rough dry til its just slightly damp then apply it, really work it in so it starts to create a whitish foam :) xxx

Also, forgot to say, when I had this on my own hair I was about a 6/7 and pinkissimo made it pretty bright, so if your client is a 7/8 you may not need to lift at all, or only need to lift a tiny bit :) hth xx

Or mix conditioner and crazy colour to sofen the tone, I've done this and noticed excellent results

Or mix conditioner and crazy colour to sofen the tone, I've done this and noticed excellent results

Never thought of this before, brilliant idea! X

great ideas thanks! didn't occur to me to mix them!! dur! I might mix two diff shades then will give contrast but not mega bright. some brighter on bottom layers n light on top?

I only want to lift it a little to get a cleaner blonde as think pink on ginge would look a bit blah!

great ideas thanks! didn't occur to me to mix them!! dur! I might mix two diff shades then will give contrast but not mega bright. some brighter on bottom layers n light on top?

I only want to lift it a little to get a cleaner blonde as think pink on ginge would look a bit blah!

Yeah would recommend a little lift if her hair is very very gingery haha, just may not need to lift it white or anything, minimise damage that way darlin :) xx

Latest posts

Back