Placement of hand in new LED lamp with forms on!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitterTreats8614

Reaction score
I seem to have a lot of clients that are either not placing their hand correctly in the new CND led lamp so gel isn't curing, or they keep hitting the lamp and sometimes curing to the bulbs!

I always get them to put their hand in the lamp first so they can feel where their fingers should sit before putting the forms on them.

Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions on how to help? Or do I just have awkward clients?! Lol

Thanks in advance x

I had terrible trouble with this when I first got the new lamp. I was given some brilliant advice by one of the EA's which helps hugely. With a pair of scissors trim the bottom of the form off so the client can place hands correctly. Be careful how much you trim, too much and the form will pop off, too little and their hand placement will be too high.

I had terrible trouble with this when I first got the new lamp. I was given some brilliant advice by one of the EA's which helps hugely. With a pair of scissors trim the bottom of the form off so the client can place hands correctly. Be careful how much you trim, too much and the form will pop off, too little and their hand placement will be too high.

Thanks I'll give that a try!

An even better way is to look at the form from the side and cut the tab in half going towards the finger , not running along side it.

Then bend one tab to the left and one tab to the right and you have a little stand for the finger to rest on and your tabs can't pop open :)

An even better way is to look at the form from the side and cut the tab in half going towards the finger , not running along side it.

Then bend one tab to the left and one tab to the right and you have a little stand for the finger to rest on and your tabs can't pop open :)
Can you show us a photoof what you do with the form as I do not understand thanks

Lol I literally just tried visual in that as well included yes photo please

Wow I can I fix my typos? I meant to say, I tried visualizing that as well and couldn't so I would appreciate a photo as well

Oh my gosh I give up my iPad is officially junk, I don't know why I use this talk to text it never works ... or my fingers clearly hate me... Sorry for the wall puke

Can you show us a photoof what you do with the form as I do not understand thanks
Lol I literally just tried visual in that as well included yes photo please

I have no forms at home, but maybe I can explain more clearly for you until Noreen sees this:

Under the finger when you close the forms, you'll have the form tabs that you stuck together hanging down.

Turn the finger to the side, so you are looking at the length of the finger, and make a cut in the middle of those tabs vertically- straight up from the bottom of the tabs/wings to the base of the finger, so they are basically cut in half, and you now have two pieces.
Depending on your forms, you may only have wings/tabs at the front of the finger, under the nail, or you might also have another at the far end of the finger, so repeat on the back tabs if you need to.

Turn the finger back to face you, in the position you would use to fit the form. You can now reach under the finger and push the tabs hanging down outward- just lift the first piece upwards and push it flat against the base the finger.
The second piece behind it, do the same thing, but on the opposite side of the finger, so now inside of hanging down, the two pieces of the tabs poke out to the side of the finger like a pair of wings, and the base of the finger is flat :)

I hope that helps, but feel I might have made it more complicated for you lol.

Will pop up a picture when I get to work if no one beats me to it x

Here you go guys :) Hope this helps

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1475576806.773879.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1475576817.574749.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1475576827.373780.jpg

Latest posts

Back