Please advise a nail comp novice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simsarahlou

Reaction score
hello.
im looking into doing some nail competitions next year. not the ones where you are present as i cant afford to spend a day or two in london unfortunatly but the photographic nail art category.
however im finding it difficult finding pictures from previous years. im not sure how literally people take the theme of the compeition, i dont wanna look like an idiot. and im not sure how much of the model should be in the photo. the rules say that you get marked on the appearance of the model too so conider if you need a hairdresser/make up artist. but i dont know how much is ok? i dont understand the difference between nail art and fantasy. i get that the fantasy catagory always has lots of things stuck on the nail but do they expect things like that on regular nail art? do they expect big nails or stilleto tips? are you allowed to do things with the image like make it black and white or sepia for example?
this is for next years prof beauty comps but the rules they give arnt helpful to a complete novice like me. i would REALLY appreciate any links, websites or advice that anyone can give me.

49 views and no advice? oh dear did i ramble on abit? lol

Sorry I was a look and leave! No advice for you Hun but interested in the replies when they finally come! I was cross I forgot to go and look at the comp in full flow at pro beauty north as would like to have seen how they work. I'm too scared to enter but would love to!

Try Nails Mag or Nailpro on line. I believe that they often have on line comps.

Latest posts

Back