Please can someone give me some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aymiie

Reaction score
i have been offered a treatment room in my local town .....i do tanning, lash and brows, waxing and massage ...........how do i go about setting this up- like do i need to register as self employed...what legal requirements must i do ...please help as i am very confused and getting told lots of different things ..thanks in advance x

i have been offered a treatment room in my local town .....i do tanning, lash and brows, waxing and massage ...........how do i go about setting this up- like do i need to register as self employed...what legal requirements must i do ...please help as i am very confused and getting told lots of different things ..thanks in advance x

Off the top of my head...

Yes you need to register with HMRC as self-employed and you need to keep a proper record of your income and expenditure so that you can prepare accounts.

You need insurance.

I would also advise you to contact your local council to find out if you need any special licences. This varies from council to council.

Hi if you are doing massage you need to apply to your local council for a licence or check with them if you need one? Sort out insurance get your equipment in & organise a price list etc & flyers to say your opening? I started in a small salon if my own in a village & have moved twice to bigger & better premises? Now in a town centre & doing fab? It's just about putting all your equipment in getting sorted then your good to go

Latest posts

Back