Please help my hairdresser has ruined my hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy_lou

Reaction score
I have always had bleach highlights and my hair has always been in lovely condition. I tried a new hairdresser who has completely ruined my hair. She claims to have used hi lift tint but she put it through my ends and now it's texture has completely changed. It's breaking off, feels burnt when I touch it, is frizzy and just disgusting!

What can I do to get my nice hair back? Do I need to cut it all off. Please say it can be fixed.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384815021.553800.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384815043.209964.jpg

I have always had bleach highlights and my hair has always been in lovely condition. I tried a new hairdresser who has completely ruined my hair. She claims to have used hi lift tint but she put it through my ends and now it's texture has completely changed. It's breaking off, feels burnt when I touch it, is frizzy and just disgusting!

What can I do to get my nice hair back? Do I need to cut it all off. Please say it can be fixed.

I had a look at your old posts as I recognised your name. You were claiming your hair was dry and frizzy in a previous post so it sounds to me like you have over processed your hair so yes, cutting is the only options

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's the second time I've had my hair done and it's more dry and frizzy now! It never used to be hence my question.

I don't want to cut my hair is there no treatment that can help it?

My hair was lovely before. Thank you Hun I'm so depressed about this. Where can I buy these treatments from? X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384815900.327537.jpg

My hair before. You can see how over processed it is now.

I'm not going to bother complaining. All I want is to get a good treatment on it and find a reputable hairdresser. I can't bear cutting my hair so hopefully they can save it. Could you let me know where I can get that shampoo treatment please.

Am devastate can't believe this is my hair that I've looked after so long :(

Hi, I'm not a hairdresser but the same was done to me when my hairdresser put highlights through my hair and put the bleach on the ends instead of just the roots. It was all stretchy like chewing gum when wet and frizzy when dry. I had to have 4 inches cut off the length and I just kept using macadamia oil treatments. A hair geek recommended joico reconstructor and that helped. My hairs back in ok condition now after 6 months but I'm really careful with it now and haven't had anymore highlights and just have a root tint to cover a few greys and I try and lay off the heat as much as possible. I tend to let it air dry on Velcro rollers now.

Really feel for you as I know what it's like! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Go on their website and use store locator.
You have coloured your hair ALOT judging by your posts and you never seem happy. Were you trying to lift out the dark they put in last time?

Thank you Hun I will be investing in all these treatments. I currently have morrocan oil and pureology perfect for platinum shampoo and conditioner and their miracle spray. I wish I had said to her why are you putting it through to my ends but I assumed she knew what she was doing. She also used heat on it to make it lighten quicker.

Is this not your hair? Did you follow advicr and get it cut and treatments before getting more colour?

Attachments

• 1384816531769.jpg
    1384816531769.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 764
Hi nearly me. You are right I am never happy! It's not that I'm an awkward customer I know what colour I want, I can show you what colour I want and I never get it!

She put hi lift on top of the dark yes which I never wanted in the first place!!

This is the colour I wanted to achieve. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384816560.090617.jpg
Whereas my hair is still this colour ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384816787.080402.jpg

I mean am I being unrealistic? And now I have over processed hair too as well as the wrong colour. Is it not possible to lighten my hair more than it is without damage?

Yes that's my hair after she put the colour through to the ends.

Sorry just realised that's my hair after the first time she coloured it. I put my hands up I let her colour it again and now it's ruined. Learnt from my mistake to say the least. Just want to know where To go from here. Know I shouldn't have gone back it's my own fault but I am willing to do anything to get my hair back to a good condition!!

You went back to her? Oh dear.As recommended, use the treatments above, maybe a few inches off the lot, should have posted last week, could have shaved it all off for children in need, as that what it looks like it needs doing, although, the ar away shot, your hair looks...nice
Hope you get it sorted Hun x

Hi :)
I've just read through your previous post too, seems you had ultra tangly pourus hair months ago before the colouring started processes started with this hairdresser
I agree with nearly me, You need a good cut, don't know if you use straighteners too?? If so lay off those for a good while and LOTS of moisture treatments

Amy_Lou,

After looking at your before and after pictures, I have to ask, how did you go from such a lovely blonde, to a rubbish orange like that? Have you been dark in between and decided to go light again?

As for colour, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. You really need to work on the condition. Get a good cut, and have a good trim regularly. I suggest you use a good moisture shampoo and conditioner such as goldwell dual senses rich repair, or KMS moisture repair. Perhaps even consider getting the moisture treatment instead of conditioner, and onces every two weeks do a protein treatment, such as one from the redken extreme or joico Kpak ranges. It is vital that you stick to moisture, and only do protein treatments ever now and then - incorporated with a moisture routine, as too much protein will over harden the hair, and make it brittle.

With regards to treatments...Joico KPAK range, especially the deep penetrating reconstructor. It's amazing!

Tigi elasticate :)

Hi nearly me. You are right I am never happy! It's not that I'm an awkward customer I know what colour I want, I can show you what colour I want and I never get it!

She put hi lift on top of the dark yes which I never wanted in the first place!!

This is the colour I wanted to achieve. View attachment 48347
Whereas my hair is still this colour View attachment 48348

I mean am I being unrealistic? And now I have over processed hair too as well as the wrong colour. Is it not possible to lighten my hair more than it is without damage?

It is not possible AT ALL to go lighter without damaging it. Don't touch it anymore unless you want a pixie cut all over

Latest posts

Back