Please help-nail fungus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkh

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I recently have some fungus problem under some of my clients acrylic nail. I was concert maybe something is wrong with the powder or liquid so I disposed of them and bought some new products and I continue to have the same problem ocasionally. I sanatize tools with barbacide after every customer . Anybody have any idea? Thanks .

I highly doubt this is fungus but more like a bacterial called a greenie. This is usually caused by lifting and water gets under holding the bacteria there. Are you experiencing any lifting with the clients that are coming back with this? Also make sure that you have a smooth finish with no air pockets as any air pockets formed can cause this as well.

Thanks Jen! I had to sand the nail then surface so that the acrylic will adhere to the nail plate. So how can they be smooth? Thanks

Smooth meaning you press the acrylic into the plate well and make sure you have no air bubbles

Are you removing all the lifting at infills? When this happens you need to remove the enhancements sanitise the nail and start again, the stain will still be there and you'll need to wait for it to grow out x

Thanks gen and nikki. I remove all the lifting by grind them out with the diamond file and then I trim out the thinner layer of acrylic nail with the clippers and then prep and refill. What kind of sanding bands should I use? ( fine, medium or course ). Thanks

Latest posts

Back