Please help need advice on self employed rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi been offered 2 days a week in a local salon self employed nails what happens how much rent/persentage etc should i be charged??? Do i buy the products and what about insurance ive only ever been employed in a salon b4 and dont wanna end up in a mess...please help!!! Any advice would be great........

you will have to speak to your salon manager about rent, maybe you should have enquired about that a while ago. Purchasing products again, ask the salon manager. all salons tend to do it differently as there is no standard rent rate . As a guide i was paying 20% rent a day, and then after 3 months that went up to £20 a day, i bought all my own products, towels, couch etc.

For insurance, go to professional beauty trader teen model at proffessionalbeauty.co.uk and look at there 'Insurance pages'

Last edited:
On a percentage basis it should be between 20%-30% not sure about daily rent for your area hun.
You supply your products and you will need insurance, I think it comes under public liability.
It's better to go for the percentage rent when first starting out because if you have a slow day you don't have to stress about paying the rent.

HTH

Thats ace thanks was only offered it monday but that sounds great to me they get me clients provide a spece i sort it all out gotta go back and discuss end of the week so wanted to check with you guys first dont wanna get diddled!!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back