Please help, single phase VS 3 phase sun beds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abithesunshack

Reaction score
hi! New to this website so I hope I've done this right.
We are in the middle of opening a sunbed shop.
We're looking at getting 2 stand up beds and 1 lay down. As well as a spray tan machine.
We have been told by one electrician that we will need 3 phase electricity fitting to successfully run 3 sun beds, but we've also been told by another that we can run 3 sunbeds from single phase so long as we don't constantly run them all at the same time.
Please does anyone have any advice for me as I really don't know where I stand with it all and what's best to do.
Does anyone else run a successful tanning business with only single phase electricity supply?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Abi x

I don't think the amp will be strong enough. We have one sunbed running on a 63amp and blew it! It was in constant use. We've now fitted a 100amp.

Thank you for your reply. The sunbeds we have ordered are 40 amp X2 for the stand up and one 45 amp for the lay down. Another electrician has mentioned a converter have you heard of anything like this? Thank you x

You defiantly need its own outlet per unit. 50amp to 63amp are ideal for a singular sunbed however if you go for 100amp isolator they tend to be more reliant due to the load and energy output being used. So the higher the amp the better as they can heat up and blow on a 40- 45 amp just for a single sunbed. Just go with a reliable registered electrician and it will cost you but its worthwhile! xoxo

I have just been threw exactly the same thing! You can have 3 but they can't be on at the same time which may mean waiting time. I looked at all portions to save that expense and I couldn't find anything. We had are 3 phase done last week it cost £3800. I have 2 showers an 2 lie downs. With the upgrade at least you no you can expand if you need to x

Latest posts

Back