Pocket lifting, only noticeable when using e-file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
I have just recently started to use an e-file which I have to say is an absolute God send! No more repetitive strain...wheeey :)

However, when infilling I've had the ease of filing much thinner than I was at my earlier infills. As I'm getting thinner I can notice light shadows of pocket lifting & the acrylic just flakes away. I can even pretty much see where my 3 beads were originally placed..

This doesn't seem to be on just the odd set, it's the majority and I don't know why.

I haven't had issues of acrylics popping off or lifting in general & the majority of my clients have infills for most of their sets, some have 3 infills then a new set etc, I rarely do a new set on myself and can just do an infill around the edges if I wasn't changing acrylic colour etc but if I do file thin I notice the acrylic flaking off in the middle.

So, I'm a little baffled.. is this only down to working too wet? I'm almost certain I'm not.. is there something else that it could be? Although not all my clients do, I regularly solar oil.

Latest posts

Back