Portable manicure table help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombon

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here and super excited to become part of this forum!! My name is Sammy. I hope to make some amazing nail tech friends.

I've been struggling to find the smallest portable manicure table possible, i work at a hair salon and the owner has been asking me to replace my current table for something a lot smaller. This is what I would really like to find, something I can just fold up and take home everyday after work, since I tend to do family and friends nails at home from time to time. image.jpg

How big is your current table? The salon owner sounds like she's being un-reasonable
I wouldn't be able to work day in day out from a table that small, where would you put all your products? And in a salon it'd luck very un-professional

This is the table most mobile therapists use, you can find it on eBay for a good price ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406446169.944853.jpg

Hi.

I agree that table is tidgy! Do you think you'd be able to work from something that small? Maybe I 'spread' too much but I know I wouldn't be able to. However if you want small and portable how about those 'TV Tray Tables' they are normally a good height and they're only around £10. Have a look at ebay, argos, supermarkets etc.

I started off with a tea tray table (for mobile) but quickly found that once you've got your lamp on it there isn't much room for anything else, let alone all your products etc. This table doesn't look much bigger from the picture and I'm thinking you're going to struggle. If it folds up I suppose you could go with it for mobile visits (see how you get on - I always use the clients ironing board!!) But I agree, I think it looks very unprofessional in a salon environment. Why does the owner want you to have a small table?

Thank you all for replying. It's a tiny salon and the lady who owns it is a little but of a b***h if you know what I mean, it's just a place for me to start on building a clientele, so far so good 😀

Latest posts

Back