Post Course Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie

Reaction score
Having finished my CND Foundation Course in Leeds I now desperately need to see more nail enhancements being done so I can watch techniques etc. I have found a link via this site for training videos/dvd's which I am thinking about buying but there are a few different ones, not sure which one I need, think it will be Acrylic Sculpted Nails. Anyway I was wondering if it would be abit out of order to to ring around a few nail salons close to where I live that do creative nails and ask if they would mind me going in to watch them at work or would they think I was trying to poach their business?
Thanks
Annie

that's a tricky one! So many 'salons' are home-based technicians as well as high stree salons. as you will see from the threads on here, we are all constantly striving to increase client bases - so not sure how i would feel about a 'local' CND technician asking to watch over my shoulder! Have you considered getting your nails done by a really good, recommended tech? Perhaps that might me an answer, it'll kill two birds with one stone so to speak - fab nails which are an advert for you, and the ability to watch someone carrying out a full set and the maintenance required.

hth

annie said:
Having finished my CND Foundation Course in Leeds I now desperately need to see more nail enhancements being done so I can watch techniques etc. I have found a link via this site for training videos/dvd's which I am thinking about buying but there are a few different ones, not sure which one I need, think it will be Acrylic Sculpted Nails. Anyway I was wondering if it would be abit out of order to to ring around a few nail salons close to where I live that do creative nails and ask if they would mind me going in to watch them at work or would they think I was trying to poach their business?
Thanks
Annie

Annie, why not speak to creative about some one 2 one tution, I'd give their education department a call and see what they say.

PS get your self to the Nail Show at manchesters GMex there are loads of Demostrations there for free!! This will help you I am sure....

Annie
I am in Harrogate if you need some help i don't mind assisting! Just give me a shout and we can arrange something
kindest regards
amanda

Hi,
Thanks for those replies I knew when I was typing my question that it was abit of a cheek to expect a qualified nail tech to let me watch but I was thinking of the experience I would gain from it but I know how it must look. Anyway I take on board all of your suggestions thanks very much

Hi

I was thinking the same thing, and have already contacted a few nail bars in my area. They seemed happy to take me on as a nail trainee once I had done some training. Nail Tech friend suggested that I contact them once I finish my mani/pedi course, and ask if they want someone to help out preparing the nails before they do the extensions, you could offer your work voluntary. I don't think they would think you would take their clients, and at the end of the day if you worked in a nail bar you have to agree not to do that sort of thing anyways.

hope that's of help.

Yeah that is a really good idea, am going away now for a weeks hol but when I get back i'm gonna d o as you suggest, will let you know how I get onAnnie xx

hi anni, i was just curious tp no what course you where doing at uni?

Latest posts

Back