PPE charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bev

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a beauty salon in Scotland. I am just wondering if you are charging your beauty clients for PPE? How much are you going to charge? Is it a percentage of the treatment cost or a flat fee?

Thank you!

Hey,

Am in Scotland to! I am just planning to increase my prices by at least a £1, nails are going up from 22 to 25 so I can use disposable files for each client and after doing lots of sums over lockdown saw that’s nails makes the least profit for me so an excuse to increase or I would of removed all together!

Good luck with the reopening next week.

Xx

Hi we are a hair and beauty salon in England and we decided to charge £2 per client we call it PPE charge and it is to help pay for obviously the PPE and the extra time for cleaning. Clients mostly have been positive.

£2 any treatment
£3 pedicure treatment ( I have the disposable cuccio pedicure packs - which have file and buffer for fingernails and a pretty decent "pumice" for feet plus orangewood stick )

I they have two treatments, I am not charging double. Just the one "covid safety charge " I'm calling it.
All my few returning clients expected it.

Hey,

Am in Scotland to! I am just planning to increase my prices by at least a £1, nails are going up from 22 to 25 so I can use disposable files for each client and after doing lots of sums over lockdown saw that’s nails makes the least profit for me so an excuse to increase or I would of removed all together!

Good luck with the reopening next week.

Xx
Hi, our nail techs have been bagging and labelling our clients files. We bought zip bags. I think sanitising and storing, rather than throwing away is better. We increased our nail services by £3. I agree the profitability in nails is low. The techs invest their hearts and souls into every set but prices for the services don’t match the effort. Hopefully clients will now appreciate the well trained, hygienic, insured techs and pay a little more.

Nice nails aren’t cheap and cheap nails aren’t nice ! We need to stop devaluation of the nail industry, it’s a time consuming treatment when properly done. I’ve heard a salon local to me is doing shellac mani for £12.00 ....... shame on them

Hi, I have a home beauty salon and charge a standard £2 per visit which so far no one has complained about.

Latest posts

Back