Practice tip tool

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Ljungberg

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just wondering what people use to secure their tips in order to create some designs on tips for display?
I've just tried securing some tips to a orange wood stick with some blue tac, but it doesn't really adhere very well, and I'm just wondering if there is some ingenious tool out there that I haven't found! :)

/Anna

I ordered a load of pop sticks from Ali Express, they all came loose and as I was only using them for this purpose I broke the nail off. (They were cheap).

Then I used sticky pads, the ones to stick artificial nails on and the tips stuck really well. If the tip was quite large it wobbled slightly but the average sized tip worked perfectly :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1475830237.767747.jpg
I use these ones from ebay

Brill thanks ladies, I have similar tips like you Ciderella, I may just try attaching them to some pop sticks when I do my nail art, as they are slightly bigger than the pop, so should be sturdier.

Good shout on the sticky pads, where do you get yours from Beauty Tips, as I don't rly have any laying around, will any old from ebay do?

I use white tack.... and display them in a photo frame.....

Attachments

• 2016-08-12 00.01.03.jpg
    2016-08-12 00.01.03.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 51
Using tip adhesive works well to!

I used to use blue tack on a pencil.. now I either use double sided tape on to my practise hand fingernail or use the tubes brushes come in with blue tack as because they're a wider cylinder it holds the nail stronger! X

Latest posts

Back