practising on real people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeKay

Reaction score
hi all

i've just started practising on real people instead of a trainer hand and would like some feedback on how i'm doing.

Salon Geek this is the album with 4 different people in

i've spotted some errors, but would love some professional opinion

many thanks

I think you are off to a great start! On some of the nails, I would take the sides in just a bit...not much. Plus, check your line of light....it never steers you wrong.

Keep up the good work. :)

Thank you hun
x

Agree with advices from above, and to add another one:

when checking the length, try putting both thumbs next to eachother to see if they match, then index fingers, and so on, to compare. Then, turn the clients hand palm up, and see how the length looks from that point. Hope I made sense with this one :)

And last - if that's just for practice, how great it will look when you start doing it for reall! :hug:

Well done :hug:

thank you .
didnt notice the difference in lengths till i looked at photo lol

I know :green: happened to me too. That's why taking pictures is also a great tool when practicing.

Hi CeeKay,
Well Done, aren't real hands so much different to a traininer.
Please take this as completely constructive criticism, aimed purely to help you

Length - to help make sure you match finger to finger and hand to hand
Shape - the most flattering is to match her extension edge with her cuticle line, this give a lovely balance to the nail
Sidewalls - ensure you come straight out from the natural side wall line, keep your elbow tucked in to your waist to help with a straight line, I think you could be raising your elbow out to the side therefore widening the enhancement.
Tip Blending - ensure you fully blend the tip flush with the natural nail so that you do not get bulk on the sidewalls ie note models right ring finger - it is still opaque on the sidewall.
Lower Arch - watch you do not get carried away with underfiling the free edge - note left ring finger.
Line of Light - ensure you have a lovely line of light that runs the entire length of the enhancement, if not keep refining, you still have work to do.

Having said all of that well done and hope this helps.

thanks hun.
you are so right, its quite strange moving onto real hands from the trainer, and dealing with client requests on length etc instead on being my own decisions lol.
all help is gratefully recieved as i have had to wait sooooo long to do a nail course, i want to do as well as i can.
x

Latest posts

Back