Pre-pigment with Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud9Colours

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time posting hopefully I'm writing the correct format. I'm not very experienced as a colourist and only know the very basics from school but even then my teachers didn't go in-depth into it as I would've liked. My client is lightened to a level 8 root-mid lengths and her ends a 9 (due to home bleachings) and it's been toned to a pale yellow. She wants to return to her natural which is about 4N.

I plan on prepigmenting her, I want to give her a more warm natural colour, since her skin tone is fair but golden I was thinking perhaps a natural with ether a bit of .6 or to warm her face. If anything the red tone will fade and become more of a 4N. I want a nice rich brown, but I'm not sure if an ash brown will wash out her complexion when her skin tone is golden? Since ash blonde are great with tanned skin tones but will ash brown look nice with warm golden skin tone?

The products I'll be using is wella. Which line will be least damaging for her? When I prepigment her, is it best to pre-pigment with a .6? or just the 4N? I'm not very familiar with pre-pigmenting.... from what I've been taught I need to mix it with a bit of water, apply all over and then use the formula I created.

Thank you for the help :)!

If someone has golden skin but cool eyes you can probably get away with a more ashy colour without washing them out. I've found that if you take in someone's colouring overall- most people lean slightly to a warmer or cooler colouring rather than being definitely warm or cool. The hair colour tweaks that colouring towards warm or cool. Look at the colour clothes and makeup they wear, that gives you the best indication of whether they view themselves as cool or warm! A really fantastic way of figuring out someone's colouring is getting a gold and a silver scarf and covering their shoulders- the best one will brighten and harmonise with their face. ill leave the colourists to figure out your best formula :) xx

If someone has golden skin but cool eyes you can probably get away with a more ashy colour without washing them out. I've found that if you take in someone's colouring overall- most people lean slightly to a warmer or cooler colouring rather than being definitely warm or cool. The hair colour tweaks that colouring towards warm or cool. Look at the colour clothes and makeup they wear, that gives you the best indication of whether they view themselves as cool or warm! A really fantastic way of figuring out someone's colouring is getting a gold and a silver scarf and covering their shoulders- the best one will brighten and harmonise with their face. ill leave the colourists to figure out your best formula :) xx

Thank you this is super helpful :)!

You can pre pig with any line as long as you pack in as many tones as possible. Also i love the colour touch plus range, no prepigging needed with these! Saves so much time and cost for products.

Latest posts

Back